HELP on Oracle 7.3.2 Server Problems

Post by cvpor » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi All,

I have Oracle running on Solaris 2.5.1, and after I start the server in
the console windows the following message appears:
sorry, variable 'shminfo_semmns' is not defined in the 'shmsys' module
sorry, variable 'shminfo_semmni' is not defined in the 'shmsys' module
sorry, variable 'shminfo_semmsl' is not defined in the 'shmsys' module
I have this parameters set in /etc/system.
Can you give me some light (help) in this.

Thanks in advance,

Victor Silva

1. Problem connecting an oracle client behind Wingate proxy server to an oracle server not behind proxy

I have installed an oracle client (Forms Runtime) behind Wingate proxy
server. When I tried to connect to the server that is not behind any
proxy server I couldnt reach preferable IP (server IP). Somehow I
cant connect to destination IP.

I put in tnsnames.ora the following lines:

PROD.WORLD =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = PROD))
  )

Client machine can connect to Internet while surfing over the Internet
with Internet Explorer but only via proxy server. Is there anything I
should put that client will first connect to proxy and to server:

Network 1 (CLIENT->PROXY)------->Netvork 2 (SERVER)

Any help is appreciated, Boris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Disk striping using mirroring

3. Help: Oracle Application server problem

4. - Oracle Applications Consultants/Sr.

5. help Oracle Web Server - HTTPD upload problem

6. VB6 / ADO Deployment

7. Help: Problem with Windows 2000 and oracle 8.0.5 server

8. JOB: 4GL P/A - San Diego, CA - USA

9. Need help with Oracle Name Server problem

10. help Oracle Web Server - HTTPD upload problem

11. Oracle 8 Server Manager problem...HELP

12. HELP: OCI/Oracle 8 problem with Internet Information Server

13. SQL-SERVER PROBLEMS - SERVER NOT FOUND - PLEASE HELP !