question about po7 and vb

Post by M Mill » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

What do I need to do to have my visual basic application to connect to
po7 and update tables?

I am using po7 and ms vb4 on a standalone pc. do I need to use odbc?
can you tell me which manual/book  I should strat reading?

thanks

question about po7 and vb

Post by Ennio Murro » Mon, 02 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>What do I need to do to have my visual basic application to connect to
>po7 and update tables?

>I am using po7 and ms vb4 on a standalone pc. do I need to use odbc?
>can you tell me which manual/book  I should strat reading?

>thanks

ODBC is one way to do it.  Another is to use Oracle's Objects for OLE product,
which is a lot easier to use than ODBC.   You can download the ODBC drivers
from Oracle's web site.  As for manuals, I can't be of much help.   Oracle's
Objects for OLE includes documentation and sample programs for VB.  Used to be
a trial that you could download from Oracle; I am not sure if this is still
available.

Good Luck,

Ennio

question about po7 and vb

Post by Robert T. Bunc » Tue, 03 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> >What do I need to do to have my visual basic application to connect to
> >po7 and update tables?

> >I am using po7 and ms vb4 on a standalone pc. do I need to use odbc?
> >can you tell me which manual/book  I should strat reading?

> >thanks

> ODBC is one way to do it.  Another is to use Oracle's Objects for OLE product,
> which is a lot easier to use than ODBC.   You can download the ODBC drivers
> from Oracle's web site.  As for manuals, I can't be of much help.   Oracle's
> Objects for OLE includes documentation and sample programs for VB.  Used to be
> a trial that you could download from Oracle; I am not sure if this is still
> available.

> Good Luck,

> Ennio

The trial product (2.0.7) is still available for download on their site,
HOWEVER, I've yet to find any mention of how much it actually costs!

My main gripe about OO4O is they don't provide the Data Control they
promised...  This won't be available until 2.1.

question about po7 and vb

Post by Paul Brewe » Mon, 09 Jun 1997 04:00:00

It's arrived. Looks _extremely_ promising.
Will keep you posted.
Regards
Paul Brewer

1. po7 and VB

 I have PO7 and Visual basic (Microsoft) installed on my pc.
I know how to use PO7 and know how to use VB.
I don't know how to connect them together (to do select, update,.....).
can someone tell me where should I start to look? Do I need ODBC?

Any help will be appreciated......

2. System performance question

3. VB and PO7

4. Help on "Outer Join"!

5. PO7 Host command question

6. Looking for a list of names

7. PO7, SQL Net, Can't Connect, Another Question

8. Rewriteable DEC optical media with Sybase??

9. Help with =TABLEREVERT() and quick question about PO7/Win95

10. SQL Links to PO7 problem

11. ODBC - PO7

12. More than 1 Oracle Instances in PO7