dbbackup script online? (Velpuri's book)

dbbackup script online? (Velpuri's book)

Post by chri.. » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

I have an older copy of Velpuri's  "Oracle Backup and Recovery
Handbook"  and am looking for a place to download the scripts
in Ch. 4  from.

If anybody knows a website that  has the dbbackup scripts
can you post it here please?

Thanks,
Chris O'Connor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

dbbackup script online? (Velpuri's book)

Post by Neil » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

don't bother - its full of bugs

neilc

> I have an older copy of Velpuri's  "Oracle Backup and Recovery
> Handbook"  and am looking for a place to download the scripts
> in Ch. 4  from.

> If anybody knows a website that  has the dbbackup scripts
> can you post it here please?

> Thanks,
> Chris O'Connor

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

dbbackup script online? (Velpuri's book)

Post by que.. » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi Chris,

yes, it is online on www.osborne.com (as is written on the front of
Velpuri's book in the edition that I have).
The complete URL is: www.osborne.com/oracle/tar/backup.tar
Don't forget to test your backup procedures! ;-)

Cheerio,

Alexander Wendel, The Netherlands

> I have an older copy of Velpuri's  "Oracle Backup and Recovery
> Handbook"  and am looking for a place to download the scripts
> in Ch. 4  from.

> If anybody knows a website that  has the dbbackup scripts
> can you post it here please?

> Thanks,
> Chris O'Connor

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Tuning Scripts FREE/Online from book

The tuning scripts contained in the Oracle Performance Tips and Techniques are
now available for download (there are over 100 of them).  They are broken out
based on page number in an HTML format and also txt format.  They are at:

http://www.tusc.com/books/perf_tune.html

Click near the bottom to download sample scripts (contains all scripts from the
book).

Rich Niemiec
Oracle Performance Tips and Techniques, Oracle Press
ISBN: 0078824346

Here's what's in the book (It's for both DBAs and Developers):
Chapter 1       Over A Decade of Tuning Experience
Chapter 2       Basic Index Principles
Chapter 3       Disk I/O and Fragmentation
Chapter 4       Tuning the init.ora (Also, Appendix A gives full list)
Chapter 5       Enterprise Manager and Tuning Pack
Chapter 6       Using explain plan, trace, and tkprof
Chapter 7       Basic Hint Syntax
Chapter 8       Query Tuning
Chapter 9       Table Joins and Other Advance Query Tuning
Chapter 10      Using pl/sql to Enhance Performance
Chapter 11      Using Parallel Feature to Improve Performance
Chapter 12      Oracle8 and Oracle8i New Feature
Chapter 13      Examples: Oracle8 and 8i New Tips
Chapter 14      The v$ Views (Also, Appendix B gives list of all)
Chapter 15      The x$ Tables (Also, Appendix C gives list of all)
Chapter 16      Using and Interpreting ultestat/ultbstat
Chapter 17      Performing a Quick System Review
Chapter 18      Monitor the System Using unix Utilities
Appendix A      Full list of INIT.ora parameters
Appendix B      Full list of both Oracle7/8 V$ views and creation from X$
tables
Appendix C      Full list of both Oracle7/8 x$ tables

2. SQL: Too Long

3. Tuning scripts FREE/Online from tuning book

4. Thin JDBC: Transaction Isolation ??

5. Can't access the Books Online feature

6. Auto Test DLL

7. SQL discussion list and FAQ, SMS discussion list, online articles, online books (free)

8. C-ISAM problem - can anybody help?

9. SQL Server FAQ, online articles, online books (free)

10. SQL discussion list and FAQ, SMS discussion list, online articles, online books (free)

11. Here: FAQ, discussion list, online articles, online books...

12. SQL Books online, faq, list server, online discussions, FREE

13. Books Online - actual book version