Forms 4.5: getting available printers

Post by Steven C. Kondo » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I'm working on a form where I need to call a reports 2.5 program and pass
parameters from Forms 4.5.  I want to run the report in asynchronous batch
mode.  This will be run on a Windows95 pc.

I need to be able to pick an available printer to pass to the report via
the DESNAME parameter.  The application requires much repetitive printing
requests to many different printers and I don't want to slow the user down
by popping up the runtime parameter form each time the report is chosen.

Since batch mode doesn't pop up any window allowing me to choose the
printer, how do I get the list of of available printers defined on the pc
I'm running the report on so I can pass this info?

Thanks.
Steve

*** email addresses altered to foil spammers !!   ***
*** Remove hatespam. from address before sending  ***

1. Forms 4.5 data utility form available free

Hi, everyone.  Thanks for reading this.

I have created a utility form capable of displaying and updating
practically any Oracle table.  People here use it quite a lot to view
tables and modify their data while testing forms and procedures under
development.

With just a few mouse-clicks, you can get into one table, then quickly
switch to another.  I often run several copies of it to access
multiple tables when I'm testing some complex situations.

I have made it available to everyone to use via my web site:
  http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Please feel welcome to read about it, then download and try it out.

Regards,
Steve Cosner

2. Bug in Sp_OaCreate

3. Oracle Financials Forms 4.5 available at 6.6 Billion $ National Brands Corporation

4. sqlplus-command "host" in pl/sql?

5. Oracle Financials, Forms 4.5 available at 6.6 billion National Brands Co. in Michigan

6. iM@Gic zoekt 10 nieuwe medewerkers

7. [4.5] Printer/Font Manager Error when changing printers

8. Set-up of SQL

9. Reports 2.5: getting available printers

10. Portage d'une application de FORMS 3.0 en FORMS 4.5

11. Migrating SQL*Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5, 5 or 6

12. Forms 4.5: Start Form Maximized