ORA-25125 preventing import BUFFER POOL not allowed HELP

ORA-25125 preventing import BUFFER POOL not allowed HELP

Post by Trevor Willia » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

db: 8.0.5.1.0
os: HP 11.0

I copied db datafilkes from HP 10:20 (8.0.5.1.0) and recreated the control
files; everything seems to be working fine except this!
Rerunning the cat scripts makes no difference.
If I export a table, I cannot import it .

Does anyone know how I might be able to uimport the data from an export
dump file? Pre-createing the tables/indexes makes no difference.
How can I export without the BUFFER_POOL option? Or must it be changed
from the default (DEFAULT)??

I need to get at some data in my exports, so any assistance will be much
appreciated.

(show=y and indexfile= both generate SQL with the BUFFER_POOL option, and
the SQL cannot be run.)

Trevor

ORA-25125 preventing import BUFFER POOL not allowed HELP

Post by aneela1.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

In article

Quote:> db: 8.0.5.1.0
> os: HP 11.0

> I copied db datafilkes from HP 10:20

(8.0.5.1.0) and recreated the control
Quote:> files; everything seems to be working fine
except this!
> Rerunning the cat scripts makes no difference.
> If I export a table, I cannot import it .

> Does anyone know how I might be able to uimport

the data from an export
Quote:> dump file? Pre-createing the tables/indexes

makes no difference.
Quote:> How can I export without the BUFFER_POOL

option? Or must it be changed
Quote:> from the default (DEFAULT)??

> I need to get at some data in my exports, so

any assistance will be much
Quote:> appreciated.

> (show=y and indexfile= both generate SQL with

the BUFFER_POOL option, and

Quote:> the SQL cannot be run.)

> Trevor

This is a platform specific bug for HP UX 11.0
The bug no. is 803841. It is fixed in 8.0.5.2,
but I hear that this has problems in SQL loader.
If you just need the bug fixed, I have the files
with me.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. help!!! buffer_pool error (ora-25125)

hi, there.

when I create a following table, I met ora-25125 error.
this error is related 'buffer_pool'. But I don't understand
this error messgage. I think this 'buffer_pool' command is correct
in Oracle 8.0.5.1.
Please help me as soon as possible.
thank you.

my oracle env:
  version : oracle 8.0.5.1
  os        : hpos 11.0

CREATE TABLE table_name (col_1 number, col_2 number)
 PARTITION BY RANGE (col_1)
 (PARTITION ONE VALUES LE  3  SS THAN (10)
  STORAGE (INITIAL 10k BUFFER_POOL RECYCLE),
  PARTITION TWO VALUES LESS THAN (20) STORAGE (BUFFER_POOL KEEP));
 STORAGE (INITIAL 10k BUFFER_POOL RECYCLE),
                          *
ERROR at line 4:
ORA-25125: BUFFER_POOL storage option not allowed

2. raiserror syntax differences

3. ORA-04031: shared pool buffer

4. xp_logingrant failure - Unable to query SQL Server Security Information

5. SQL experts: help working around ORA-00934: group function is not allowed here

6. NULL bytes in CHAR columns

7. connection pooling - to pool or not to pool

8. Calling Pro*C from Pro*COBOL

9. SQL GET DATA is not allowed on a forward-only (non-buffered) cursor

10. Buffer Pool KEEP -- NOT keeping !!

11. Using (or not using) 16K buffer pools

12. Microsoft SQL isapi extension - 405 Method Not Allowed - POST queries are not allowed - OpenXML

13. Help with query to find buffer pool usage