Oracle 8i EE SDE extensions on 8i

Post by Alessandr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Reading the documentation, you find that extensions like
"Spatial" or "Visual Information Retrieval" are specific
for Oracle8i Enterprise Edition; and I don't understand
if they're included in the Oracle 8i (standard edition)
distribution CD for NT.
If so, is this just a marketing choice, or it is impossible
to use SDE in Oracle8i (standard)? I can't believe it...

A second question about SDE: I don't understand which direction
will Oracle adopt with regard to the Spatial Data Extension.
Anybody knows if Oracle will implement some "GIS engine" (in
Java, maybe), or Oracle will remain eternally just a repository
of spatial data?
In this case, where can I find script (PL/SQL) or procedure (in
Java) to do some spatial-data processing and query?

Thanks in advance,
                   Alessandro

1. Oracle 8i MTS (Oracle 8i for Windows NT - Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server)

hi ,

I need to install Oracle 8i MTS (Oracle 8i for Windows NT - Oracle Services
for Microsoft Transaction Server) on an NT box.

Any assistance or advice is greatly appreciated if anyone here has any idea
of how I can go about installing an MTS.

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Joanna

2. UPDATE, SET Variable

3. Access 2.0 to Delphi 2.0

4. Oracle 8i EE for Intel Solaris?

5. dynamic table name in sp

6. Oracle 8i EE or SE

7. Apache and JDBC to Informix

8. Oracle 8i EE install problem on Red Hat 6.1

9. Oracle 8i EE ON Linux

10. Missing file in download Oracle 8i EE

11. oracle 8i E.E installation on solaris ( on raw devices)

12. Oracle 8i EE on Linux