Please take a look at few lines of code

Post by christoph er » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Please take a look at this few lines - I cannot find out why I get
message:

 ERROR at line 2:ORA-00911: invalid character

when I use notepad to edit code and it happens each time.
It works OK after I type it in without making corrections in notepad.
I make many mistakes and could use a working editor.
Tks......

SQL*Plus: Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production on Mon Dec 28 22:50:24 1998

(c) Copyright 1998 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production

SQL> define_editor = d:\winnt\notepad
SQL> drop table chris;

Table dropped.

SQL> create table chris (
  2
SQL>
SQL> edit
Wrote file afiedt.buf

  1  create table chris (
  2* salmon    varchar2(20) );
SQL> /
salmon    varchar2(20) );
                        *
ERROR at line 2:
ORA-00911: invalid character

SQL> create table chris (
  2  salmon   varchar2(20) );

Table created.

Please take a look at few lines of code

Post by Miguel De Bu » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi Christoph

When using the standard editor for editing in SQL*Plus never (read :
never) end your statement with a ";"
Just leave it out of notepad.

Hth,

Miguel

> Please take a look at this few lines - I cannot find out why I get
> message:

>  ERROR at line 2:ORA-00911: invalid character

> when I use notepad to edit code and it happens each time.
> It works OK after I type it in without making corrections in notepad.
> I make many mistakes and could use a working editor.
> Tks......

> SQL*Plus: Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production on Mon Dec 28 22:50:24 1998

> (c) Copyright 1998 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

> Connected to:
> Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
> PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production

> SQL> define_editor = d:\winnt\notepad
> SQL> drop table chris;

> Table dropped.

> SQL> create table chris (
>   2
> SQL>
> SQL> edit
> Wrote file afiedt.buf

>   1  create table chris (
>   2* salmon    varchar2(20) );
> SQL> /
> salmon    varchar2(20) );
>                         *
> ERROR at line 2:
> ORA-00911: invalid character

> SQL> create table chris (
>   2  salmon   varchar2(20) );

> Table created.

1. export table code problem (please look-1 line!)

I am a novice VB programmer and having trouble exporting a table to an A:
drive.

Here is what i am trying

First I do a make table from the table where I collect the data into a
table to export then I check and see if there is a database on the disk in
A and delete if so, then create the database then try and do a make table
into that database.  I can get the make table to work in the same atabase
but when I try and get it to make a table into the new data base i get this
error:

run time error 3067

Query input must contain at least one table or query

Here is the code if anyone can see what is wrong with it:

'this works OK to make table in the main database

AssessDB.Execute "SELECT TBLIntakeOutcome.* INTO " _
        & "[TBLIntakeOutcomeExport] FROM TBLIntakeOutcome;"
  AssessDB.Execute "Delete * FROM TBLIntakeOutcome"

 If Dir("A:\ExportDB.mdb") <> "" Then
 Kill ("A:\ExportDB.mdb")
 End If

Set dbsNew = AssessWS.CreateDatabase("A:\ExportDB.mdb", _
        dbLangGeneral, dbEncrypt)

    assessDB.execute "SELECT TBLIntakeOutcomeExport.* INTO " _
        & "[TBLIntakeOutcomeExport]" & " [IN  " & ("A:\ExportDB.mdb") & " ]
FROM TBLIntakeOutcomeExport

2. I NEED INFORMIX FOR SOLARIS 8.0(7X86)

3. Zip Code Look Up Table - (Newbie - please be patient)

4. DTS

5. Someone please look at this sample code

6. Show all with PTS/Excel. Snowflake/star?

7. Looking for zip code mapping software which will accept dbf file as input - please help

8. Can you prioritize user connections within SQL?

9. Databases: On-line vs Off-line ? Help please

10. Looking at only a few members (products)

11. Looking to buy a few hours of SQL expertice

12. Looking for some Visual Basic code if it already exist, or someone to write this code

13. Look for a few good developers...