FRM-99999 error on Web forms

Post by Robert Mar » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi, everyone.

>We were able to run Web form using appletviewer(Developer/2000 1.4W,
>Oracle Web Application Server 3.0,and Oracle DB server 7.3.2). And thanks
>for the help received from the newsgroups and we downloaded the latest
>patch from the Netscape. Now we are able to run Web forms through browser
>for querying, updating, and etc.

>The new problem we encountered is that we got FRM-99999 error message
>whenever we tried to exit from Web forms. This is true for both
>appletviewer and browser (we didn't have this problem for the
>appletviewer before). The detailed error message looks like: FRM-99999: A
>network error occurred, the client will not be able to continue. Details:
>Java Exception: java net SocketException:Socket closed.

>We don't think we made any changes on anything except for restarting Web
>form listener using f45ctl start (port=9000 pool=1) Enter DISPLAY:
>our_ows_server_name:0.0

>We are wondering if there are someone who have the same experience and
>can give us some hints. Your help is appreciated.

>Guojiang (David) Gu

experience shows, that 1.4w is not very stable. there are problems with Web
App Server 3.0 - use webServer 2.1

or try 1.5.1 or - very new - 1.6 Release of Developer/2000
The Forms Server Part has been improved dramatically.

Robert

FRM-99999 error on Web forms

Post by Vaughan Castin » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

We have seen this error when the display refers to a system not running an
x-server.

Put an x-server on this box and voila No more problems...

Vaughan

PS: If you set the DISPLAY environment variable as part of the login script
you won't be prompted for it when starting the Forms Listener

Quote:

>The new problem we encountered is that we got FRM-99999 error message
>whenever we tried to exit from Web forms. This is true for both
>appletviewer and browser (we didn't have this problem for the
>appletviewer before). The detailed error message looks like: FRM-99999: A
>network error occurred, the client will not be able to continue. Details:
>Java Exception: java net SocketException:Socket closed.

>We don't think we made any changes on anything except for restarting Web
>form listener using f45ctl start (port=9000 pool=1) Enter DISPLAY:
>our_ows_server_name:0.0

FRM-99999 error on Web forms

Post by Vaughan Castin » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

We have seen this error when the display refers to a system not running an
x-server.

Put an x-server on this box and voila No more problems...

Vaughan

PS: If you set the DISPLAY environment variable as part of the login script
you won't be prompted for it when starting the Forms Listener

Quote:

>The new problem we encountered is that we got FRM-99999 error message
>whenever we tried to exit from Web forms. This is true for both
>appletviewer and browser (we didn't have this problem for the
>appletviewer before). The detailed error message looks like: FRM-99999: A
>network error occurred, the client will not be able to continue. Details:
>Java Exception: java net SocketException:Socket closed.

>We don't think we made any changes on anything except for restarting Web
>form listener using f45ctl start (port=9000 pool=1) Enter DISPLAY:
>our_ows_server_name:0.0

FRM-99999 error on Web forms

Post by Vaughan Castin » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

We have seen this error when the display refers to a system not running an
x-server.

Put an x-server on this box and voila No more problems...

Vaughan

PS: If you set the DISPLAY environment variable as part of the login script
you won't be prompted for it when starting the Forms Listener

Quote:

>The new problem we encountered is that we got FRM-99999 error message
>whenever we tried to exit from Web forms. This is true for both
>appletviewer and browser (we didn't have this problem for the
>appletviewer before). The detailed error message looks like: FRM-99999: A
>network error occurred, the client will not be able to continue. Details:
>Java Exception: java net SocketException:Socket closed.

>We don't think we made any changes on anything except for restarting Web
>form listener using f45ctl start (port=9000 pool=1) Enter DISPLAY:
>our_ows_server_name:0.0

1. FRM-99999 error when running web-enabled forms

We are encountering the FRM-99999 error when running
web-enabled forms.  We have 4 NT boxes behind a load
balancer that serve up our web-enabled Forms to client
machines running Netscape 4.5 or IE 5.0.  The servers will
run without error for 2-3 weeks and then suddenly we are
unable to run the web-forms from one of them.  Each server
encounters the same problem after running without reboot for
extended period of time.

After we identify the problem machine, we look in Task
Manager from NT and notice nothing unusual in terms of
memory resources being consumed.  What we do find unusual is
that while in Task Manager, if we look at the Processes that
are running, there will be many F50WEB32.EXE processes that
cannot be killed using  the End Process button.  The only
way weve found they can be killed is by rebooting the
machine.

Another unusual thing about these errant processes is that
they are very small in size (about 200K) in comparison to a
normal process running the web-enabled forms (approx.
15,000-35,000K).  This symptom is found consistently on a
box that is producing the FRM-99999 error.  Typical of NT,
rebooting the machine consistently corrects the problem.

We are running the following configuration and have tested
on other machines as well, always with the same result over
time:

Oracle Forms 5.0
Jinitiator 1.1.5.21
Windows NT 4.0
Service Pack (tried 3.0 through 5.0 with no success)
Oracle Database Enterprise Server 8.0.5.1
Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6
Netscape Administration Server 3.5

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ric

Ric Sullivan, Practice Manager, Grants Management
Harvard University, Financial Administration
Office of Administrative Systems

619 Holyoke Center                   Email:

1350 Massachusetts Avenue            Voice: 617.496.8721
Cambridge, MA  02138                   Fax: 617.496.8883

2. combined Primary key's ... newbie

3. FRM-99999 and web enabled forms 5.0

4. How to insert into a datetime field with ADO?

5. frm-99999 error

6. Need recompile every time

7. FRM-99999

8. Error in stored procedure; help needed

9. FRM-99999 using Developer Server

10. OWAS 3.0.2 & FORMS 5.0 error : FRM-99999

11. Random Number between 1-99999

12. Please help me with Forms 6 error FRM-404003