Need help to reach my database

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Thu, 08 Feb 2001 19:08:34

Downgrade to NT 4.0
Personal Oracle 8.1.6 is not certified against Winsux2K.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Quote:> I have been very unlucky in connection with "upgrading" from Oracle 8
> Personal Edition version 8.0.4.0.4 to Oracle 8i Personal Edition version
> 8.1.6.0.0. which i downloaded from Oracle
> Everything that could get wrong went wrong.
> The disk crashed and could not be fixed. Therefore i only have a backup of
> the database on tape which i have now restored back on the new disk.
> The operating system is now Windows2000 Professional.
> Now I have no idea how to get the database into the new edition.
> I now there is the fascility to import/export but i cannot get the "Oracle
> Management Server" to run. I have tried and tried to start the service but
> without succes. I keep getting the following message every time(Translated
> from Danish to English)
>  The service OracleOraHome81ManagementServer on local computer could not
be
> started.
>  Error: 997 Overlapping I/O actions
> I have the following old files on the disk, residing in the original
> directory ORAWIN95/DATABASE:
> Name   Size
> CTL1ORCL.ORA 2.442 KB
> INITORCL.ORA 7 KB
> INITSEED.ORA 8 KB
> LOG1ORCL.ORA 201 KB
> LOG2ORCL.ORA 201 KB
> PWDORCL.OR 2 KB
> RBS1ORCL.ORA 10.242 KB
> SYS1ORCL.ORA 30.722 KB
> TMP1ORCL.ORA 7.170 KB
> USR1ORCL.ORA 54.274 KB
> EXPDAT.DMP 5.454 KB

> I have created a new database in 8i and it works fine, but i am in
desperate
> need of my old database.
> I have tried to reinstall my old Oracle 8 Personal Edition version
8.0.4.0.4
> under Windows 2000 Professional, but have not succeeded, as i get errors.

> How can i reach my old belowed files.?????????
> Desperately need help.

> Kind regards

> Magnus S. Petersen

Need help to reach my database

Post by Magnus S. Peterse » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 04:59:32

I cannot understand why You say Oracle 8i Personal Edition is not certified
against Windows 2000Professional.
On the Oracle Homepage
http://www.oracle.com/ip/deploy/database/8i/index.html?persed.html it is
stated amongst other things:
Oracle8i Personal Edition is an Oracle database for desktop computers that
use MS Windows NT, Windows 98, or 2000 operating systems.

Regards
Magnus S. Petersen

> Downgrade to NT 4.0
> Personal Oracle 8.1.6 is not certified against Winsux2K.

> Hth,

> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

> > I have been very unlucky in connection with "upgrading" from Oracle 8
> > Personal Edition version 8.0.4.0.4 to Oracle 8i Personal Edition version
> > 8.1.6.0.0. which i downloaded from Oracle
> > Everything that could get wrong went wrong.
> > The disk crashed and could not be fixed. Therefore i only have a backup
of
> > the database on tape which i have now restored back on the new disk.
> > The operating system is now Windows2000 Professional.
> > Now I have no idea how to get the database into the new edition.
> > I now there is the fascility to import/export but i cannot get the
"Oracle
> > Management Server" to run. I have tried and tried to start the service
but
> > without succes. I keep getting the following message every
time(Translated
> > from Danish to English)
> >  The service OracleOraHome81ManagementServer on local computer could not
> be
> > started.
> >  Error: 997 Overlapping I/O actions
> > I have the following old files on the disk, residing in the original
> > directory ORAWIN95/DATABASE:
> > Name   Size
> > CTL1ORCL.ORA 2.442 KB
> > INITORCL.ORA 7 KB
> > INITSEED.ORA 8 KB
> > LOG1ORCL.ORA 201 KB
> > LOG2ORCL.ORA 201 KB
> > PWDORCL.OR 2 KB
> > RBS1ORCL.ORA 10.242 KB
> > SYS1ORCL.ORA 30.722 KB
> > TMP1ORCL.ORA 7.170 KB
> > USR1ORCL.ORA 54.274 KB
> > EXPDAT.DMP 5.454 KB

> > I have created a new database in 8i and it works fine, but i am in
> desperate
> > need of my old database.
> > I have tried to reinstall my old Oracle 8 Personal Edition version
> 8.0.4.0.4
> > under Windows 2000 Professional, but have not succeeded, as i get
errors.

> > How can i reach my old belowed files.?????????
> > Desperately need help.

> > Kind regards

> > Magnus S. Petersen

1. Help: applet can't reach database remotely

My Java applet works fine when it is run locally, both
with from the file or as launched through the web server.
However, when it is launched from another machine through
the network, it complains that "data source name not
found and no default driver specified."

I run database and web server on Win98 with mdb installed.

The following is my code, and I tried quite different
approached but no success:

  String driver;
  driver = Applet.getAppletContext().toString();
  if(driver.startsWith("netscape.applet.")) // netscape
   driver = "sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver";
  else if(driver.startsWith("com.ms.applet.")) // IE
   driver = "com.ms.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver";

// String url = "jdbc:odbc://127.0.0.1:8080/testdb";
// String url = "jdbc:odbc:testdb;DBQ="127.0.0.1:8080/Database.mdb";

  String url = "jdbc:odbc:testdb"; // only this works locally
  Connection con;
  Statement consult;
  ResultSet result;
  ResultSetMetaData info;
  try {
   Class.forName(driver);
   con = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "", "");
   consult = con.createStatement();
   result = consult.executeQuery(query);
   info = result.getMetaData();
   setData(result, info);
   result.close();
   con.close();
   msg = "ok";
  } catch(Exception e) {
   msg = e.getMessage();
  }

Please help me out this! Thanks in advance!

2. Help me with sql Clauses!

3. Database Tables Disappearing - HELP HELP - Need Access Database specs

4. SQL vs Access Query

5. Trying to reach a Progress Database from SQL Server

6. Professional Opportunity

7. HELP!! -SS2000 Devel - Max number of connections reached

8. Why Primary Keys??

9. help:resource limit reached for recordsets

10. Database Problems : Too many open tables, Some internal limit reached

11. Access Database reaching maximum size

12. EOF not returning true when end of database reached in Access

13. HELP: 0RA-01631: max # extents (505) reached in table PLNDAD (7.1.6/SCO5)