JDBC connection

Post by jman » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi, I am really quite new to using oracle. I am setting up a java applet
that uses JDBC to query and update an oracle database. The applet uses a
thin driver on Windows 2000 . I am using Java SDK 1.3 and Oracle 8.1.5
The applet functions well on the host machine, but as soon as I try to run
it from a machine on the lan, I am unable to connect to the database. I am
using:

Where my computer ID on the LAN is CANARIE.
There is no firewall set up in the office. Could anybody please provide some
insight into what I am doing wrong.

Thanks.