Opinion Poll

Post by VB B » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Since we are going to be making this discussion soon, I am wondering if we
could have this opinion poll...

For using Oracle, which language is better: Java or Perl? I would like to
share your experiences..

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards,
Vaibhav

Opinion Poll

Post by Ed Procha » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Since we are going to be making this discussion soon, I am wondering if we
> could have this opinion poll...

> For using Oracle, which language is better: Java or Perl? I would like to
> share your experiences..

> Thanks for your attention.

> Best regards,
> Vaibhav

IMHO:

Are you creating user interface applications or bulk data processing?

Who says it has to be Either/or??

JAVA is better for GUI type applications.
PERL is better at bulk jobs (ex. converting legacy data into ORACLE
data)
Both are used in WEB apps.

Pick the tool for the job. Don't limit yourself.

--
Ed Prochak      Magic Interface, Ltd.
1-440-498-3702  "hardware/software alchemy"