Proxy & Oracle

Post by NTbor » Mon, 12 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello All,

                    Do any of you gurus know if Oracle 7.2 can pass through
the Microsoft Proxy server 2.0. (EAMPLE) Network A, has 95 machines running
on it with applications such as ORACLE client, Winsock proxy client, Network
B being a WAN with oracle servers.In theory can  these machines on network A
pass through the proxy to network B to make the oracle connection, Does
anyone know the port # for oracle?

Thanks

Proxy & Oracle

Post by Christopher M. Da » Mon, 12 Apr 1999 04:00:00

NTcyborg,

If Oracle is running on anything but NT, the port number should be
consistent (else upgrade and use USE_SHARED_SOCKET=TRUE), and therefore
able to pass via a proxy server. For port# it depends on the listener
configuration on the Oracle Server, check listener.ora, but usually 1521
or 1526.

Chris.

> Hello All,

>                     Do any of you gurus know if Oracle 7.2 can pass through
> the Microsoft Proxy server 2.0. (EAMPLE) Network A, has 95 machines running
> on it with applications such as ORACLE client, Winsock proxy client, Network
> B being a WAN with oracle servers.In theory can  these machines on network A
> pass through the proxy to network B to make the oracle connection, Does
> anyone know the port # for oracle?

> Thanks

1. Problem connecting an oracle client behind Wingate proxy server to an oracle server not behind proxy

I have installed an oracle client (Forms Runtime) behind Wingate proxy
server. When I tried to connect to the server that is not behind any
proxy server I couldnt reach preferable IP (server IP). Somehow I
cant connect to destination IP.

I put in tnsnames.ora the following lines:

PROD.WORLD =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = PROD))
  )

Client machine can connect to Internet while surfing over the Internet
with Internet Explorer but only via proxy server. Is there anything I
should put that client will first connect to proxy and to server:

Network 1 (CLIENT->PROXY)------->Netvork 2 (SERVER)

Any help is appreciated, Boris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. dbLockdown 1.0 for SQL Administrators and Developers

3. using Informix JDBC HTTP proxy servlet from an applet that sits behind a network proxy

4. Spreadsheet is full

5. PROXY & MS SQL Server Client Network Utility

6. Report Builder Exporting

7. ODBC& Proxy Server

8. rootdbs corruption with Online 5.01

9. Connection clients & server via MS Proxy 2.0

10. Connection questions SQL & Proxy

11. SQL Server, Proxy, & ODBC

12. SQL Server 6.5 & Proxy Server/IIS

13. proxy tables & Delphi