Forms 4.5 & stored procedures - problems with COMMIT

Forms 4.5 & stored procedures - problems with COMMIT

Post by Alex Savitsk » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi all!

Here is the problem I'm stuck with: I have a Forms application that calls
several stored procedures, which actually do all work, i.e. block is marked
as non-base-table and no items are bound to database columns. However, it
seems I cannot commit data! As long as I am in application, changes I made
are there, but when I exit changes are gone. COMMIT says that 'No changes to
save'; so does COMMIT_FORM. If I use EXIT_FORM(DO_COMMIT) instead of simply
EXIT_FORM, it doesnt work either. I really would like to avoid putting
COMMIT inside procedures. Is there any other way of doing it?

TIA

Alex

Forms 4.5 & stored procedures - problems with COMMIT

Post by Mark Gumb » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

You get the 'no changes saved'  error because no items on your form are
marked for insert/update/delete.  You have to suppress the message with the
:system.message_level := 5 to stop that.

As for the commits not saving, i'm not sure if the above code will help.

Mark

>Hi all!

>Here is the problem I'm stuck with: I have a Forms application that calls
>several stored procedures, which actually do all work, i.e. block is marked
>as non-base-table and no items are bound to database columns. However, it
>seems I cannot commit data! As long as I am in application, changes I made
>are there, but when I exit changes are gone. COMMIT says that 'No changes
>save'; so does COMMIT_FORM. If I use EXIT_FORM(DO_COMMIT) instead of simply
>EXIT_FORM, it doesnt work either. I really would like to avoid putting
>COMMIT inside procedures. Is there any other way of doing it?

>TIA

>Alex

Forms 4.5 & stored procedures - problems with COMMIT

Post by Marek Ocha » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

However it would be better to use FORMS_DDL('COMMIT') to force commit in
a database bypasing form validation level.

> You get the 'no changes saved'  error because no items on your form are
> marked for insert/update/delete.  You have to suppress the message with the
> :system.message_level := 5 to stop that.

> As for the commits not saving, i'm not sure if the above code will help.

> Mark

> >Hi all!

> >Here is the problem I'm stuck with: I have a Forms application that calls
> >several stored procedures, which actually do all work, i.e. block is marked
> >as non-base-table and no items are bound to database columns. However, it
> >seems I cannot commit data! As long as I am in application, changes I made
> >are there, but when I exit changes are gone. COMMIT says that 'No changes
> >save'; so does COMMIT_FORM. If I use EXIT_FORM(DO_COMMIT) instead of simply
> >EXIT_FORM, it doesnt work either. I really would like to avoid putting
> >COMMIT inside procedures. Is there any other way of doing it?

> >TIA

> >Alex

Forms 4.5 & stored procedures - problems with COMMIT

Post by Shariq Parve » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Try
foms_ddl('commit);
Regards,
--