Problem with Designer 2k and database transformer..Help!

Problem with Designer 2k and database transformer..Help!

Post by Keith Kwiate » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

1. I created an ERD and saved the erd (I can run reports on it).

2. I invoked the database transformer.

3. I see that the database transformer "run set" has all my tables.

4. I choose the default mode and "all enties" and then press start.

5. It then does about 11 of the 25 tables and  says " waiting for close to
be pressed" (printouts below)

6. When I go to the design editor, the Navigator server model window shows
no relational table def's

7. What can I do to trouble shoot? I created another small application with
a few tables and it worked fine!

----------
Run
Started --------------------------------------------------------------------
18 February  1999 - 18:11:30

posting preferences to database...
created table-entity 'AUTHENTICATORS:AUTHENTICATOR'
posting changes to database...
posting multi line text for table 'AUTHENTICATORS' to the Repository
created table 'AUTHENTICATORS' to implement entity 'AUTHENTICATOR'
created table-entity 'COST_CENTERS:COST_CENTER'
posting changes to database...
posting multi line text for table 'COST_CENTERS' to the Repository
created table 'COST_CENTERS' to implement entity 'COST_CENTER'
created table-entity 'COST_CENTER_TMP:COST_CENTER_TMP'
posting changes to database...
posting multi line text for table 'COST_CENTER_TMP' to the Repository
created table 'COST_CENTER_TMP' to implement entity 'COST_CENTER_TMP'
created table-entity 'COUNTRY_CODES:COUNTRY_CODE'
posting changes to database...
posting multi line text for table 'COUNTRY_CODES' to the Repository
created table 'COUNTRY_CODES' to implement entity 'COUNTRY_CODE'
created table-entity 'DOMAIN:DOMAIN'
posting changes to database...
posting multi line text for table 'DOMAIN' to the Repository
created table 'DOMAIN' to implement entity 'DOMAIN'
created table-entity 'GROUPNAMES:GROUPNAME'
posting changes to database...
updating dialog...

18 February  1999 - 18:11:33
Run
Finished ------------------------------------------------------------------
----------

----------
Waiting for Close to be pressed...
----------

Problem with Designer 2k and database transformer..Help!

Post by Mark Kram » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hit the close button then go to RON or Design Editor hit the requery button
after you select the tables node.

When using the DDT, try doing it in parent child dependency order. Try just
a few entities at a time.

Regards,

Mark A. Kramm

>Hello,

>1. I created an ERD and saved the erd (I can run reports on it).

>2. I invoked the database transformer.

>3. I see that the database transformer "run set" has all my tables.

>4. I choose the default mode and "all enties" and then press start.

>5. It then does about 11 of the 25 tables and  says " waiting for close to
>be pressed" (printouts below)

>6. When I go to the design editor, the Navigator server model window shows
>no relational table def's

>7. What can I do to trouble shoot? I created another small application with
>a few tables and it worked fine!

-
-
>----------
>Run
>Started -------------------------------------------------------------------
-
>18 February  1999 - 18:11:30

>posting preferences to database...
>created table-entity 'AUTHENTICATORS:AUTHENTICATOR'
>posting changes to database...
>posting multi line text for table 'AUTHENTICATORS' to the Repository
>created table 'AUTHENTICATORS' to implement entity 'AUTHENTICATOR'
>created table-entity 'COST_CENTERS:COST_CENTER'
>posting changes to database...
>posting multi line text for table 'COST_CENTERS' to the Repository
>created table 'COST_CENTERS' to implement entity 'COST_CENTER'
>created table-entity 'COST_CENTER_TMP:COST_CENTER_TMP'
>posting changes to database...
>posting multi line text for table 'COST_CENTER_TMP' to the Repository
>created table 'COST_CENTER_TMP' to implement entity 'COST_CENTER_TMP'
>created table-entity 'COUNTRY_CODES:COUNTRY_CODE'
>posting changes to database...
>posting multi line text for table 'COUNTRY_CODES' to the Repository
>created table 'COUNTRY_CODES' to implement entity 'COUNTRY_CODE'
>created table-entity 'DOMAIN:DOMAIN'
>posting changes to database...
>posting multi line text for table 'DOMAIN' to the Repository
>created table 'DOMAIN' to implement entity 'DOMAIN'
>created table-entity 'GROUPNAMES:GROUPNAME'
>posting changes to database...
>updating dialog...

>18 February  1999 - 18:11:33
>Run
>Finished ------------------------------------------------------------------
-
-
>----------

-
-
>----------
>Waiting for Close to be pressed...
-
-
>----------

Problem with Designer 2k and database transformer..Help!

Post by Keith Kwiate » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Mark,

Thanks to your input, I have tracked the problem down to a single table that
the DDT attempts to transform, but for some reason fails (without error
messages)

I deleted the table from the repository (it was a major parent table). Then
I tried to add just the table back with its attributes (no
relationships) --- and it failed again! Then I  changed the table and
attribute names ---and presto, it seems to work!!??

How strange!

I am just starting out with Des2k..... Have you found this to be quirky
product??

Keith

1. Problem with Application Design Transformer in Function Hierarchy Diagrammer in Oracle Designer 6

I have a problem with Application Design Transformer in
Function Hierarchy Diagrammer in Oracle Designer 6
my start function contains 43 sub functions

the tranformer works like this :

Initializing...
Creating temporary tables...
Querying Function details...
Identifying Modules...
Creating candidate Modules...
Creating General Module :  (name of sub functions)
.
Creating Module text...
Creating Module Function associations...
Creating Module Business Unit associations...
Creating Module Arguments...
Creating Module Components and Table usages...
Module : (name of sub functions)
- creating Window : (name of sub functions)
- creating Module Component Table Usage for Table : (name of
entity)
..
Creating Data Bound Items...
Creating Argument Item usages...
Creating Module Table usages...
Creating Module Column usages...
Generate data usages has completed successfully.

the percentage completion figure is 95%

then comes the following error message
RME-00224: Failed to close activity
with details
RME-00222: Failed to dispatch operation to Repository
RME-00011: Operation 'close' on ACTIVITY has failed
RME-00020: Internal API error - ORA-01562: failed to extend
rollback segment number 13 | ORA-01628: max # extents (121)
reached for rollback segment RB12

when I click OK (no other possibility) I get this message

The utility has stopped due to failure.

I  checked the tablespace ? it is not to small

Name Status Size (M) Used (M)
ROLLBACK DATA ONLINE 65.000 33.750
SYSTEM ONLINE 270.000 260.137
TEMPORARY_DATA ONLINE 7.000 2.637
USER_DATA ONLINE 8.000 4.543
WIC_DATA ONLINE 135.000 93.195
WIC_RBS ONLINE 60.000 3.020

when I check in Design Editor, the module list is empty

I dont know what happens
Please help

Cornelia
Wetzel

Fachhochschule Stralsund http://www.fh-stralsund.de

2. Example code for using MSComm correctly. anybody?

3. Database Transformer Puzzle in Rel 2.1 of Designer 2000

4. DMO + Foreign Keys

5. Designer 2K: Entity to Table DDW problems...

6. How to distribute SQL Namespace

7. MS-help generator in Designer 2k.

8. DB Schema

9. Help? VFP3 database designer screen problem

10. VB 6 Database and Access 2K Database Problem

11. SQLServer 2k - Win 2k workstation - Linux freetds - help

12. Help Converting Access 2K DB to SQL Server 2K

13. Need help : SQL server 2k <->MS Access 2k