ORA-3121 Problem on Web Server

Post by Allis » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:36:04

We have got a problem with Oracle on one of our web servers.  We have
successfully got one server working but we have got problems with the
second.

The problem lies with a PROC dll which is used by a VB app to make
alterations to the oracle database.  Everything else on the server
works appart from this which seems to be unable to connect to the
database and throws back a ORA-12154: TNS could not reslove service
name and a ORA-3121.  As everything else connects to the database via
the TNSNAMES.ora I don't think that is the problem.

I think it is a problem with the versions of some of the SQLNET dll's
or a configuration problem with in the server but I don't know what
the SQLNET dll are called or where to find them.  In fact I just don't
know what to do to fix the problem as I have tried everything I can
think of and it is driving me mad!!!

If anyone has any ideas or help it would make me very happy indeed!!!
Thanks in advance!
Allison.

ORA-3121 Problem on Web Server

Post by Luteri » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 01:09:02

Just a thought...

Assuming the tnsnames.ora & listener.ora (if applicable) files are in order,
have you compared the sqlnet.ora and hosts files on the two servers?

-Lute.

ORA-3121 Problem on Web Server

Post by Allis » Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:03:44

My tnsnames.ora, listener.ora and sqlnet.ora are fine.  Other apps
that do not use the PROC dll connect to the database and run
successffully which is why the problem is so irritating.

1. Ora -1019 and Ora 3121 ( MS ODBC ) on NT Server

Hi all ,

I have a cube defined and have used Third party ODBC drvers.
Now when i try to switch the driver from Third party to Microsoft
I am getting the error
ORA 01019 when i first try to map the datasource in the cube using an
ODBC  driver - Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle Ver 2.573  and press
the TEST Connection button.
On subsequent pressing of the Test Connection ( in the same session ) i
get ORA 3121 on each try .

The MS OLAP machine is NT Server 4.0 SP 5
Oracle 8.1.6

The Microsoft ODBC driver on NT Workstaton machines with MS OLAP work
fine.

The connection goes thru if i use Third party ODBC drivers.

Detail of Error Message from Oracle Manual:

ORA-01019: unable to allocate memory in the user side
Cause: The user side memory allocator returned an error.

Action: Increase the size of the process heap or switch to the old set
of calls.

ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed
Cause: This message occurs usually because the Net8 driver is not
loaded into memory or there is a mismatch of the version of the driver.
A user program linked with an obsolete library may also cause this
message. Only programs provided by Oracle Corporation should use this
interface.

Action: If the message occurred during use of a program provided by
Oracle Corporation, contact customer support. If a user program caused
the message, relink the program with current versions of the Oracle
libraries.

Thanks for the help in advance
elaka

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS under NT

3. ORA 1019 then ORA 3121 with MS ODBC for Orcl

4. citation index question

5. ORA-3121 with SQL*NET 2.3 under Windows 3.11

6. input past end of file

7. Enterprise Manager and error message (ORA-3121)

8. Streaming not supported...

9. ORA-3121 NO INTERFACE DRIVER CONNECTED

10. ORA-3121 error for Oracle 8

11. OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Timeout - IDispatch Error 3121

12. Standard Query Times Out Repeatedly (IDispatch 3121)

13. Oracle Error 3121, in the middle of execution