Creating user bug ???

Post by AlBeRt tHe G » Sun, 16 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I am running Oracle 7.3.2.2 on hpux 10.10, I have created a user without setting the quota
limits, and I can still create objects, this is not suppose to happen -- therefore I investigated the
problem and found out the Oracle defaults to 'unlimited tablespace ' on everything when I create a user,
so I revoke the privilege from the user and set a quota of 0m for the user default tablespace, the problem
here is I can still create objects, so what is the deal ?

thanks,,,

Creating user bug ???

Post by Komix Hu » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> I am running Oracle 7.3.2.2 on hpux 10.10, I have created a user without setting the quota
> limits, and I can still create objects, this is not suppose to happen -- therefore I investigated the
> problem and found out the Oracle defaults to 'unlimited tablespace ' on everything when I create a user,
> so I revoke the privilege from the user and set a quota of 0m for the user default tablespace, the problem
> here is I can still create objects, so what is the deal ?

I do not think your problem is on the Oracle side. When one creates an
Oracle user and grant role 'resource'
to a user, this user is granted unlimited tablespace impliedly, (this is
the backward compatibility of role
'resource').

So it is better that a DBA creates a role which includes all system
privileges the oracle default roles
'CONNECT','RESOURCE' have. This role can be granted to a newly created
user instead of 'CONNECT','RESOURCE'.
After that, you can set quotas of tablespaces in which the user can
create objects in.

--

Assistant MIS Manager                Tel   : (00852)2589 3369
Cho Yang (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd.       Fax   : (00852)2559 3049

1. CREATE USER command? How to create user accounts

Informix uses the system user accounts.  You then need to GRANT or REVOKE
privileges to your system users using dbaccess or some other SQL tool.

    Downloaded the NT version of Informix and was trying to setup user
accounts to test an application agaist the database but can not find the
command to create user accounts, the enterprise manager does not manage
users so what gives? where has informix hidden the command to create users?

2. Error while starting service

3. BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS

4. Please help , DISK REINIT AND DISK REFIT

5. Create a new User / Add a DB-user (with SQL-DMO) - [SQL 2000]

6. VB 6.0 - How to count records (in database) that satisfy certain criteria

7. Creating New DB doesn't create dbo user

8. Process error with brocker (SUN SOLARIS 8 SPARC 64 bit)

9. Creating User and Assigning User rights thru Program(Please Help)

10. Creating New DB doesn't create dbo user

11. create user, user exists

12. Off load create user to user level?