simple question about default date mask?

simple question about default date mask?

Post by <y.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi All,

Could somebody please tell me how to set the default mask of a session to
include the four digit year? Currently, my sql*plus date mask is
'dd-Mon-yy', and I wanted it to be 'dd-Mon-yyyy' just for my current
session.

Thank you very much for your time.

Yongge

simple question about default date mask?

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

alter session set nls_date_format = 'dd-Mon-yyyy'

Your welcome,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Quote:> Hi All,

> Could somebody please tell me how to set the default mask of a session to
> include the four digit year? Currently, my sql*plus date mask is
> 'dd-Mon-yy', and I wanted it to be 'dd-Mon-yyyy' just for my current
> session.

> Thank you very much for your time.

> Yongge

simple question about default date mask?

Post by Thomas Kyt » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

(if that email address didn't require changing)

>Hi All,

>Could somebody please tell me how to set the default mask of a session to
>include the four digit year? Currently, my sql*plus date mask is
>'dd-Mon-yy', and I wanted it to be 'dd-Mon-yyyy' just for my current
>session.

>Thank you very much for your time.

>Yongge

SQL> alter session set nls_date_format='dd-mon-yyyy';

--
See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June 21'st

Oracle Service Industries     Reston, VA   USA