Installing Oracle 8.0.4 on Windows 2000 server/professional

Installing Oracle 8.0.4 on Windows 2000 server/professional

Post by shake » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 12:46:57

I want to install ORacle 8.0.4 Enterprise on Windows 2000 server and I
also have Windows 2000 professional,  is it possible, I heard that it
wont install on 2000 because it is for NT servers. quick help is
appriciated

Shakeel

Installing Oracle 8.0.4 on Windows 2000 server/professional

Post by Ed Steve » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 23:30:32

Quote:>I want to install ORacle 8.0.4 Enterprise on Windows 2000 server and I
>also have Windows 2000 professional,  is it possible, I heard that it
>wont install on 2000 because it is for NT servers. quick help is
>appriciated

>Shakeel

Depending on how you define "quick", the usenet may not be the place to go for
"quick" help.  Due to the latency in replicating msgs from one news server to
the other, I never count on getting any response in less than 24 hours.

That said, I don't belive 8.0.x (which is de-supported) is certified for any
flavor of Win 2k.  You can probably find out at www.oracle.com

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 13:46:02

Quote:> I want to install ORacle 8.0.4 Enterprise on Windows 2000 server and I
> also have Windows 2000 professional,  is it possible, I heard that it
> wont install on 2000 because it is for NT servers. quick help is
> appriciated

> Shakeel

8.0.4 has been desupported ages ago, and isn't certified for win2k.
If you are of the experimenting type, go ahead, but remember you are on your
own.
Otherwise upgrade to something decent, like 8.1.7

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

1. Can I install Oracle WebDb 2.0 ( for Windows NT) on Windows 2000 Professional

Hi,

Can I install Oracle WebDb 2.0 ( for Windows NT) on Windows 2000
Professional. I am having problems doing so, as it does not install on the
original Oracle_Home and asks for a new one and when I create a new one and
try to install it there, It then refuses to install the PL/SQL Toolkit,
saying it has to be installed on the original Oracle Home ( but I can't do
that !). Can anyone please just tell if it is possible to install on Win 2k
or not, or am I doing something else wrong.

Thanks a lot!

Binny.

2. No privilege to archive

3. Cannot install SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition on Windows 2000 Professional

4. single quote problem

5. Unable to Install SQL Server 2000 on windows 2000 Professional

6. dBASE problem

7. Install Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional

8. software for monitoring Sybase/Oracle

9. Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine

10. D3 printing errors under Windows 2000 server and Windows 2000 professional

11. install oracle 8.1.7 in windows 2000 professional

12. Installing MSDE 2000 on windows 2000 professional

13. linked servers with windows 2000 professional/sql server 2000