EXPORT, DBA Studio VTK1000 error, connect fail for Oracle Management Server

EXPORT, DBA Studio VTK1000 error, connect fail for Oracle Management Server

Post by Gilles COURTAUL » Sat, 12 May 2001 08:53:30

Hey Miss, mister

I'm new in this newgroups,  and y'll see  than I'm new as Oracle user of
DBA studio !!!

So:
A) for oracle 8.1.6 / NT4
OracleOraTNSListener  is started

In Standalone mode,   connect ok as system/pw

By the way   Oracle Management Server,  I get  VTK 1000 message
"impossible to connect management server. Check you hit the right name
and
host status for the management server"

What the matter please?
a privileg problem it seems...

I tried to start  MANAGMENT SERVER service onto the oracle server.
I got an 203 error
Can anybody help me?

B)    To set an oracle Server  to archivelog mode  with SMS Backup exec
tool
from veritas , Another
person  realize the sequence you can found in the attachment.

Is all seem  to be ok?

C) With System oracle account, I'd like to  run Export command  EXP
Full=Y  , can i choose
other parameters like indexes, grants, constraints,  owner, tables

When the Direct option for the cache is needed ?
what is good  block size  ,  when tablespace size is 800M ?

Please write to me a common EXPORT command.

Best Regards  and have fun!
NB is my english understandable?

Gilles from France

[ actions for setting on Backup exec SMS service .txt 1K ]
Actions for setting in service  SMS Backup exec
on Oracle server

For a oracle 8.1.6 server  on NT4 pack 6.1:

I  made two actions to connect  with svrmgrl  to connect to oracle8 server
 set oracle_sid instance
connect system / PassWord
Then according to  pages 341 and following ones of the book: Adminitrator guide of Veritas.

Being called Veritas Backup Exec for Windows NT and Windows 2000 Version 8.5. 1. Being summarized by the actions on the waiter(server) oracle

1.1. Creation backup user with its licenses
CREAT TO USE(WEAR OUT) backup IDENTIFIED BY backup; GRANT CONNECT TO backup; GRANT SELECT ANY BANKS To backup; GRANT ALTER DATABASE TO backup; GRANT ALTER TABLESPACE TO backup; GRANT ALTER SYSTEM TO backup; GRANT ALTER ROLLBACK segment TO backup;

ARCHIVELOG
and parameters  automatic filing  According to Veritas book  page 342

1. Before being able to protect the BD oracle, specify ARCHIVELOG as parameter of the journal. In internal / pw
2.  Archives log list;
3.  Lock and restart of the base

Quote:> Shutdown ;

4.  Start service of the base
Start-up nomount;
Alter database mount exclusive;
5. Activate the mode ARCHIVELOG With alter database archivelog;
6. Add in initorcl.ora two lines
Log_archive_start = being true   .
Log_archive_dest=D:\ora81\database\archive
7. Opening of the BD and assembly for commonness Alter database open;
Check of  the activation of the  archives journal.

Some States of the server oracle

On Friday at about 18 o'clock
The last one shutdown start in May 4, 13 H 21 2.1 Since, no evolved connection
No possibility  to connect with DBA studio via Oracle System Manager  error  VKT 1000 service
Only with standalone mode.

1. Export won't work from DBA studio...

when trying to start Export tool from DBA studio using Management server I
get error:
'Either Preferred Credentials are not set or the username and/or password
are not valid for this node. You must set the Preferred Credentials for
'nt-db' in the Oracle Enterprise manager Console'

I connect to Management server with SYSMAN user and DBA studio connects to
instance with SYS user.
I can run export from Command Prompt using user SYS.

Is it bug? Are there to be specified some special credentials?

Thanx, Miha

2. SQL Server 2000 won't install with Back Office Server 2000

3. GA-Atlanta-98162--DBA Skills-ORACLE-Project Management-Database Administrator (DBA)-Oracle

4. Appending Fields to A Bounded Data Control

5. DBA Studio (8i), trying to connect to Personal 7.3.3

6. addressing form from menu on top level form ?

7. error vtk-1000: unable to connect to management server

8. Operators and commutation

9. Enterprise Manager Error - VTK1000

10. Oracle 9i : remote OEM Console unable to connect to Management Server

11. Problem with Connecting OEM Management Server in Oracle 8i (WinNT)