starting a database using 'svrmgrl'

Post by nuri » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:49:17

Hi All,

I've just installed Oracle8i  V8.1.5 on RedHat Linux 6.2.  The installation
went smoothly but I'm having problem starting a database using 'svrmgrl'.
There are following errors:

 >./svrmgrl

 Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.5.0.0 - Production

 Message 4505 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR

 Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545
 SVRMGR> connect internal;
 Message 701 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, faility=MGR
 ERROR while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545
 SVRMGR>

OS:  Red LINUX 6.2(2.2.16-3kr2)
Login ID: oracle
Oracle ver: Oracle 8i 8.1.5

I've tried connect a database a few times unsuccessfully. My RedHat Linux
has not any errors.
Are there some environment variables that I need to set or unset?

Regards,

Hyunsung Kim

starting a database using 'svrmgrl'

Post by Mark D Powel » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:51:55

I am not a Linux person but in general to use svrmgrl you want the environment
variable $ORACLE_HOME and $ORACLE_SID set and you want $TWO_TASK unset.  The
UNIX id trying to start use svrmgrl should be a member of the UNIX DBA group.
I am not at work or I would check the value of ORA-12545, but I do know that
the 125** messages are related to Net8/sqlnet.

You might want to try to see if the Oracle error message facility oerr is
working: oerr ora 12545

Good luck,  Mark D. Powell

> Hi All,

> I've just installed Oracle8i  V8.1.5 on RedHat Linux 6.2.  The installation
> went smoothly but I'm having problem starting a database using 'svrmgrl'.
> There are following errors:

>  >./svrmgrl

>  Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.5.0.0 - Production

>  Message 4505 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR

>  Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545
>  SVRMGR> connect internal;
>  Message 701 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, faility=MGR
>  ERROR while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545
>  SVRMGR>

> OS:  Red LINUX 6.2(2.2.16-3kr2)
> Login ID: oracle
> Oracle ver: Oracle 8i 8.1.5

> I've tried connect a database a few times unsuccessfully. My RedHat Linux
> has not any errors.
> Are there some environment variables that I need to set or unset?

> Regards,

> Hyunsung Kim

1. starting a database using 'svrmgrl'.

Hi All,

I've just installed Oracle8i  V8.1.5 on RedHat Linux 6.2.  The installation
went smoothly but I'm having problem starting a database using 'svrmgrl'.
There are following errors:

 >./svrmgrl

 Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.5.0.0 - Production

 Message 4505 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR

 Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545
 SVRMGR> connect internal;
 Message 701 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, faility=MGR
 ERROR while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545
 SVRMGR>

OS:  Red LINUX 6.2(2.2.16-3kr2)
Login ID: oracle
Oracle ver: Oracle 8i 8.1.5

I've tried connect a database a few times unsuccessfully. My RedHat Linux
has not any errors.
Are there some environment variables that I need to set or unset?

Regards,

Hyunsung Kim

2. Update question

3. oracle on linux: can't start svrmgrl

4. systabauth fragmentation

5. Can't start the server - svrmgrl cannot find library

6. Question: Log Format/Inspect Utility for DB2/UDB 7.2 EE

7. help:svrmgrl/internal won't start db

8. Help! Still looking...

9. Multiple entries for Starting up database '...'

10. Using variables in 'create database'

12. Can't connect internal in svrmgrl, oracle8

13. Questions about use of Oracle's svrmgrl in managing multiple instances