WebDb 2.2 Dynamic html pages parameters question

WebDb 2.2 Dynamic html pages parameters question

Post by mire » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You probably know that using <ORACLE> here goes pl/sql code</ORACLE> tags
you can embed pl/sql code into html page.

Is there a way to pass parameters to these dynamic pages to reference those
parameters in pl/sql code and then take some action ?

For example, I'd like to get parameters ragarding name of a person and take
all the products he bought. The code is like 'SELECT * from products where
name=parName'
where parName is the value of the name parameter passed to dynamic html
page.

Can this be done ?

WebDb 2.2 Dynamic html pages parameters question

Post by Alan Wilso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The book Oracle WebDb Bible by Greenwald says explicitly that there is
no way to do this.  There is a * hack using Javascript on the client
as a workaround on their website
http://www.veryComputer.com/(which seems to be down
today).

> You probably know that using <ORACLE> here goes pl/sql code</ORACLE> tags
> you can embed pl/sql code into html page.

> Is there a way to pass parameters to these dynamic pages to reference those
> parameters in pl/sql code and then take some action ?

> For example, I'd like to get parameters ragarding name of a person and take
> all the products he bought. The code is like 'SELECT * from products where
> name=parName'
> where parName is the value of the name parameter passed to dynamic html
> page.

> Can this be done ?

WebDb 2.2 Dynamic html pages parameters question

Post by mire » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

It is down. Can anyone post the code to me ?

On Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:44:31 -0600, Alan Wilson

>The book Oracle WebDb Bible by Greenwald says explicitly that there is
>no way to do this.  There is a * hack using Javascript on the client
>as a workaround on their website
>http://www.veryComputer.com/(which seems to be down
>today).

>> You probably know that using <ORACLE> here goes pl/sql code</ORACLE> tags
>> you can embed pl/sql code into html page.

>> Is there a way to pass parameters to these dynamic pages to reference those
>> parameters in pl/sql code and then take some action ?

>> For example, I'd like to get parameters ragarding name of a person and take
>> all the products he bought. The code is like 'SELECT * from products where
>> name=parName'
>> where parName is the value of the name parameter passed to dynamic html
>> page.

>> Can this be done ?

WebDb 2.2 Dynamic html pages parameters question

Post by Alan Wilso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

http://www.veryComputer.com/(sorry
about the error below --> couldn't get there yesterday from my machine
and mistyped it)

> It is down. Can anyone post the code to me ?

> On Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:44:31 -0600, Alan Wilson

> >The book Oracle WebDb Bible by Greenwald says explicitly that there is
> >no way to do this.  There is a * hack using Javascript on the client
> >as a workaround on their website
> >http://www.veryComputer.com/(which seems to be down
> >today).

> >> You probably know that using <ORACLE> here goes pl/sql code</ORACLE> tags
> >> you can embed pl/sql code into html page.

> >> Is there a way to pass parameters to these dynamic pages to reference those
> >> parameters in pl/sql code and then take some action ?

> >> For example, I'd like to get parameters ragarding name of a person and take
> >> all the products he bought. The code is like 'SELECT * from products where
> >> name=parName'
> >> where parName is the value of the name parameter passed to dynamic html
> >> page.

> >> Can this be done ?

1. WebDB 2.2 parameters

Hi
I am all new to WebDB 2.2 so excuse me my stupid question, but here it goes:

I have made two reports, and I what to link them together (by a 'unit_id'
field, not that it matters) with a hyperlink. The first page shows only some
data, but the second page shows all the data.

Now, I what to click on a field, on the first page and automatically be
forwarded to the second page. Bu, I want the resulting unit_id number (the
field that was clicked on) to be a part of the select statement in the
second page.

How do I pass parameters?

What do I write in the first and the second page?

 Please help me.

 Thanks

2. Movelast Problem

3. Questions for programmers from a Progress end-user

4. WebDB: Pass parameters between Dynamic Pages?

5. Table Sizes

6. WebDB 2.2 with Win2000 working?

7. trigger

8. Sprucing up a WebDB 2.2 site