Q: How to deny remote DBA access

Post by Vincent, I » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:00:14

Hi all,

I am now setting up an oracle server for my team.
I want to configure the oracle server such that DBA remote connection
through TCP/IP network is deny --> I want to deny something like "connect
xx/xx as DBA" remotely.

I am running Oracle 8i on Linux.

I found some aritcles on the web mentioning it can be set in the
"listener.ora" file.  However, I could not found the exact syntax /
procedures for such settings.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

--
Ah Pong

Q: How to deny remote DBA access

Post by Ban Spa » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:23:26

Quote:> Hi all,

> I am now setting up an oracle server for my team.
> I want to configure the oracle server such that DBA remote connection
> through TCP/IP network is deny --> I want to deny something like "connect
> xx/xx as DBA" remotely.

> I am running Oracle 8i on Linux.

> I found some aritcles on the web mentioning it can be set in the
> "listener.ora" file.  However, I could not found the exact syntax /
> procedures for such settings.

> Any clues?

> Thanks in advance.

> --
> Ah Pong

While a shovel may be a great tool for digging a hole,
it works MUCH better when you use the correct end for the excavation.

You are trying to use the wrong end of Oracle.

Take a look at the initSID.ora parameters which control
local & remote DB administration.

HTH & YMMV!
HAND

1. access to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exists

I have a developer that uses Access Data Projects as a front end to our SQL
7 and 2000 server.  Since I program mainly in ASP, I don't have much
knowledge on ADP.  Her ADP, as best I can tell, is set up to use Database1.
All the tables in sql link to access with no problems.  But when she tries
to link to a table that resides in a different db on the same sql server she
gets "access to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping
exists".  She has rights to both dbs.

Anyone see this before?  She originally had the db's on SQL 7 but when we
brought the new 2K server online we had her move them to 2k.  She says this
process worked when she was linking SQL 7 dbs.

Seems like an account problem but she has rights on both dbs.  We use Nt
Authentication.

Eric

2. MS Access without server

3. Remote Server Access Denied.

4. Import data into sqlserver

5. access to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exist

6. Installation Problem - Oracle 7.3.2.3.2 in Mixed VMS Cluster

7. Access to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exists

8. Parsing IN VB5.0

9. Denying Remote SQL Server Access

10. MS Access Qs

11. Permission Denied reading ADO on a remote server