Problem connecting an oracle client behind Wingate proxy server to an oracle server not behind proxy

Problem connecting an oracle client behind Wingate proxy server to an oracle server not behind proxy

Post by Boris I » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have installed an oracle client (Forms Runtime) behind Wingate proxy
server. When I tried to connect to the server that is not behind any
proxy server I couldnt reach preferable IP (server IP). Somehow I
cant connect to destination IP.

I put in tnsnames.ora the following lines:

PROD.WORLD =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = PROD))
  )

Client machine can connect to Internet while surfing over the Internet
with Internet Explorer but only via proxy server. Is there anything I
should put that client will first connect to proxy and to server:

Network 1 (CLIENT->PROXY)------->Netvork 2 (SERVER)

Any help is appreciated, Boris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Problem with connecting to sql server form the client computer behind proxy

Heloo I don't know what is wrong?

I have something like this:

                        R O U  T E R
                    |                                |
                SQL7(1)                    SQL7(2)
                 SBS4.5
                PROXY 2.0 SP1

            Client COMPUTER (3)
            ENTERPIRSE manager

The problem is :
 The client computer 1 using sql enterprise can connect to SQL SERVER 1 and
can not conect to SQL SERVER 2!!!
But ENTERPRISE ON SQL SERVER 1 can connect to sql server 2

What is wrong ?
I want connect client computer 1 to SQL SERVER 2 ?
What should I do?
I've created the port 1433 on Proxy but id ' doesn't work
Please help

P.Poppe

2. How to limit session

3. Accessing Oracle server from client which is behind firewall/proxy on intranet

4. AutoInc Value

5. Connect client's behind proxy server?

6. How to delete last char in string?

7. Client access to foreign server from behind Proxy Server

8. Enterprise manager - 'Internal error, not fully constructed"

9. using ADO object to connect to sql server behind proxy

10. connecting to SQL from Client behind proxy

11. using Informix JDBC HTTP proxy servlet from an applet that sits behind a network proxy

12. Reverse Hosting SQL server behind a proxy server.

13. SQL Server 6.5 behind Proxy Server 2.0