Problem:Linux,8i,Intelligent Agent,SNMP

Post by Peter Koellne » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 01:56:14

hi!

we are trying Oracle 8.1.7 on an intel x86 debian linux machine.
it seems that the Oracle Intelligent Agent can't talk
to the ucd-snmpd daemon 4.2. what is the easiest way to
handle this?

--

Problem:Linux,8i,Intelligent Agent,SNMP

Post by Michael Wagne » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:41:28

Hi,

The easyest way is to use the build in Oracle SNMP Agent on a other port.
try following.
Make sure that no DB_SNMP running with ps -ef |grep db_snmp and ps -ef |grep
master_peer.
Don't a to high SNMP request intervall the lowest request interval is 10
sec. If you use a lower value then is it possilbe that the SNMP utility loss
data under load.

lsnrctl dbsnmp_start
then change with su root the user (don't su -l root you need the Oracle
enviroment)
Then change to $ORACLE_HOME/network/snmp/peer/
start the master Agent with start_peer -m
Make sure that the start_peer script init the Master Agent on the right port
edit the script with vi
after that should it possible to connect to the SNMP agent on the new port.
If you useing the default values in the script the Master Agent run on the
Port 1161.

At the moment i'm not on a Oracle machine it is possible that some path or
commands a little bit different to the reality

Hope that helps

Mike

> hi!

> we are trying Oracle 8.1.7 on an intel x86 debian linux machine.
> it seems that the Oracle Intelligent Agent can't talk
> to the ucd-snmpd daemon 4.2. what is the easiest way to
> handle this?

> --

1. Intelligent Agent, SNMP

Can you install the Intelligent Agent on Server Enterprise Edition 7.3.4.0.1
(Sun SPARC Solaris) while an instance is running?

--
Jim Wadas
Information Technology Solutions and Services (ITSS)

2. Maintenance Plans, Calculated Columns & Quoted Identifier

3. SNMP and Oracle Intelligent Agent

4. Postgres95 - user authentication?

5. Intelligent Agent SNMP process runaway

6. Invalid Argument--Access VB

7. Intelligent Agent and SNMP

8. import a dynamic text file to sql setver7

9. Intelligent Agent on Linux??

10. Intelligent Agent for 8.0.5 & Linux

11. Intelligent Agent on Linux

12. Is there Intelligent Agent on Linux?

13. Oracle 8.0.5 Intelligent Agent for Linux?!