Partitioning Table

Post by news » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

How do I enable table partitioning in Oracle 8.0.4?

Partitioning Table

Post by Lee Kyoung Ro » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> How do I enable table partitioning in Oracle 8.0.4?

CREATE TABLE table_name
(Column1 type,
Column2 type,
Column9 type)
PARTITION BY RANGE(column1)
(PARTITION P1 VALUES LESS THAN (VALUE1) TABLESPACE TS1,
PARTITION P2 VALUES LESS THAN (VALUE2) TABLESPACE TS2,
PARTITION PX VALUES LESS THAN (MAXVALUE) TABLESPACE TSX);

1. Convert a non-partitioned table to partitioned table

I have a number of tables growing quite large and I would like
to convert them to partitioned tables. Could anyone tell me what
is the best way to convert a normal table to a range partitioned
table? Do I need to re-create the table using partition clauses
and then re-load the data into it, or can I use the 'alter table ...'
statement to do so?

Thanks

david

2. pgsql-server/src backend/utils/adt/cash.c back ...

3. partition views vs partition tables

4. 'A:\File.mdb isn't a valid index in this database' ?!?!?

5. O7 to O8 Partitioned Views to Partitioned Tables

6. Error 429 - Active X - DAO

7. Partitioned views vs. partitioned tables

8. ADO 2.0: Problem with numeric fields

9. Partitioned Tables versus Clustered Tables

10. Moving tables, partitioned tables

11. Partition tables in SQL 7 using SQL authentication

12. AFTER TRIGGER on PARTITIONED TABLE

13. AFTER trigger On PARTITIONED TABLE