Install Oracle 8i Personald Edition on Windows 2000 Server D SP2

Install Oracle 8i Personald Edition on Windows 2000 Server D SP2

Post by Phil Bellon » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 00:34:53

      Hi
      I have problem to install the Oracle 8i Personal Edition on
      Windows 2000 Server SP2 (German). I have Docnload the 8i from Oracle.

      I run the Setup.exe, I become the message (not exactly) "JRE
      (Java Runtime Environment) was not found in the Folder .. please visit
      www.javasoft.com... and install JRE version 1.1.7 or higher."

      Now, I have download and install this JRE (JavaTM 2 Runtime
      Environment v 1.2.2_008 / Internationalized version of Java 2
      Runtime Environment).

      The error-messages comes again.

      Have everyone a idea?
      Thanks.

Post by Frank van Borte » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 02:37:32

>       Hi
>       I have problem to install the Oracle 8i Personal Edition on
>       Windows 2000 Server SP2 (German). I have Docnload the 8i from Oracle.

>       I run the Setup.exe, I become the message (not exactly) "JRE
>       (Java Runtime Environment) was not found in the Folder .. please visit
>       www.javasoft.com... and install JRE version 1.1.7 or higher."

>       Now, I have download and install this JRE (JavaTM 2 Runtime
>       Environment v 1.2.2_008 / Internationalized version of Java 2
>       Runtime Environment).

>       The error-messages comes again.

>       Have everyone a idea?
>       Thanks.

You _have_ Java installed somewhere... remove settings (classpath, etc,
etc) and you should
be able to install. If not, remove alltogether.
The installer is *very* picky on the version of Java, and cannot stand
more recent versions... It comes with it's own, btw, so no need to
install manually.
--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel

1. Cannot install SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition on Windows 2000 Professional

After selecting "SQL Server 2000 Component" link, I got
the following popup error message.
"Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition server
component is not supported on this operating system. Only
client components will be available for installation."

Can anyone give me a clue ? I do not have any old SQL
Server software installed on my notebook, nor SharePoint
Portal or SharePoint Team Services installed.

Appreciate the help.

2. Auto index maintenance help !!

3. Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 WEb Edition

4. SETGENFILTER() ... doesn't work with "/" char ????

5. SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition on NT 4 or Windows 2000 Server Edition

6. Excel formula syntax

7. SQL Server 7 SP2 Install Problem with Windows 2000 Pro

8. Installing Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 SP2

9. Installing 8i Enterprise edition over 8i Standard edition

10. Installing MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Web Edition RTM

11. cannot install SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP home edition

12. Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine