JIVAN SILVA ji...@relational.ca (416) 937-3282 www.relational.ca
* Twelve years experience in designing solutions for large high technology corporations.
* Proficiency in database development, system analysis and Oracle Applications.
* Solid foundation and education with increasing training and specialization.
* Quick to learn with the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
* Good people skills coupled with strong sense of ethical behavior and commitment.
* Canadian and Brazilian citizenships with Canadian government security clearance.
* United States TN-1 work visa eligibility.
Dec. 2002 - Feb. 2003 NAV Canada Ottawa - ON
* Participated in the migration from Oracle Financials 10.7 to 11i.5.7 under Oracle 9i AS, 8i.1.7.4i and AIX 4.3.
* Reviewed and modified 100 scripts for the overnight synchronization of an external Oracle Discover database
with tables from the AR, GL, PO, WSH and HR modules, using Unix shell, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader and Toad.
* Completed the migration of several reports to 11i in the Order Management, Shipping and Warehouse modules,
including Packing Slip, Pick Slip, Mailing Label, Bill of Lading and Custodial Items Value.
* Migrated 6 database triggers (auditing trail generators) from AR tables to the correspondent 11i HZ objects.
Mar. 2002 - Sep. 2002 Economical Insurance Group Waterloo - ON
* Completed the development, testing and documentation of the Lockbox Interface. The work was done
on AR, GL and HR modules of Oracle Financials 11i.5.7 under Oracle 9i AS, 8i.1.7.3 and AIX 4.3.
* Completed the Premium Refunds interface. The PL/SQL package used the Adjustment API to create
and approve adjustments. Developed reports about the files transmitted to the service provider.
* Completed an extraction program to produce merged records from refunds and receipts for EFT
and credit card. A procedure to extract check information was later added to the package.
* Developed bridges between the mainframe and Oracle using MQ-Series and standard Oracle packages.
* Created a write-off procedure using the Adjustment API and Oracle Reports 6i.0.8.18.
Aug. 2001 - Nov. 2001 Computer Science Corporation (CSC)@ NORTEL Networks Toronto - ON
* Migrated vendors (Mexico and Puerto Rico organizations) from 10.7 char to 11i.5.3, Oracle 8i.1.6 / HP-UX 11.
* The migration of vendors, sites, contacts and related setups overcame technical challenges and involved a great
deal of interaction with users during the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and process optimization phases.
* Collaborated in the correction and completion of the Fixed Asset Tag Label file extraction interface, APEX
Interface (Suppliers, Payments & Invoices) and for the Inbound Invoice Detail EDI Interface (810 format).
* Developed very complex reports for the Accounts Payable and General Ledger modules using Reports 6i.
* The work was performed on GL, AP, PO, AR, CE, FA, INV, HR, OE, Alert and Workflow modules, using
Unix Shell Scripts, Remedy software and Oracle Developer 2000 6i tools including Reports 6i and Forms 6i.
ji...@relational.ca (416) YES-DATA Page 2
Feb. 2001 - May 2001 Accenture @ BELL South Atlanta - GA
* Technical Architect Coordinator (manager level) for Phase 1 of project BEST - Bell South Supply
Chain Transformation, using Oracle Financials Release 11i.5, Oracle 8i.1.6 under Sun Solaris 2.8.
* Phase 1 activities included the complete functional and technical implementation of Oracle e-Catalog,
Oracle i-Procurement, Purchasing 11i, General Ledger 11i, Oracle Alerts 11i and Oracle Workflow 11i.
* Responsible for the deliverables of the RICE team (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions and Extensions).
* Daily tasks included attending meetings with other team managers, review and approval of technical
design documents and technical mentoring of team members on Oracle tools and applications products.
* Worked as a technical resource / system administrator on as per needed basis for dev & tst environments,
developing, debugging and modifying PL/SQL programs, Unix shell scripts and Forms 6.0.8/XML/JSP.
* The environment also included non-Oracle utilities - Kintana (environment migration and cloning tool),
Orbix (CORBA), Direct Connect, Harvest (version control), AppsWorx (Concurrent Manager substitute).
July 2000 - Dec. 2000 CSC Energy Services Columbus - OH
* Supported all the production environments and users on a daily basis by responding to emergency requests.
* Developed new reports and optimized existing ones with the use of database triggers and Unix shell scripts.
* Assisted CSC in its continuing market expansion by adapting the financial core modules: GL, AR, AP and
PO reports and interfaces to comply with the new market regulations and billing requirements nationwide.
* Contributed to the Oracle team as the apps system administrator for the Development and Test environments.
* CSC has Oracle Financials 11i / 10.7 char and multiple Oracle 8i.1 / 7.3.4 remote instances on SunOS 5.6.
Jan. 2000 - June 2000 IKON Office Solutions Philadelphia - PA
* Developed a bridge from the SBT/AP Legacy system to the Oracle FA Mass Additions open interface.
* Created an interface from Oracle GL to SBT/GL transferring all posted SBT journal entries produced
by the FA Mass Additions upload. A chart of accounts mapping was developed to support this process.
* Developed a sub-system that extracts AP journal entries from Oracle GL into OMD/GL legacy system.
* A substantial part of the work consisted in programming with packages, database triggers, Unix scripts,
PL/SQL, automated FTPs, extensive system administration, end user support, creation and maintenance
of Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5 using Developer 2000 and Application Object Library 11 resources.
* Ikon has Oracle Financials 11 and several Oracle 8 distributed databases running on AIX 4/RISC 6000.
ji...@relational.ca (416) YES-DATA Page 3
July 1999 - Dec. 1999 IBM Canada @ The Canadian Wheat Board Winnipeg - MB
* Provided day to day technical and functional support to the world's single largest exporter of wheat and
barley - CWB. Among the modules supported were GL, AR, AP, PO, FA, OE, INV, AOL, ALR and HR
of its Oracle Financials / Distributions 10.7 SC and Oracle 7.3.4 running on IBM's AIX 4 / RISC 6000.
* Worked as the Apps System Administrator for the production, accept, test and development environments.
* System Administration tasks included routine purge of old concurrent report requests, monitoring system
resources and concurrent processes, installation and support of user as well as developer related products,
administration and security control of 300 users and migration to new releases - Oracle 8i / Financials 11i.
* Support Analyst tasks included the management of the complete TAR life cycle, troubleshooting end user
problems, management of a comprehensive repository with CWB's problems and solutions, development
and delivery of training for key users and the creation of policies for maintenance on all environments.
* Database Administration tasks included scheduling and managing client and server patch installations using
Otto and Autopatch utilities and regular patch compliance check with Y2K white papers. Optimization of
processes, Korn shell scripts writing and Unix and Oracle production environment backup rescheduling.
Apr. 1999 - Apr. 1999 LAFARGE Montreal - PQ
* Provided consultancy on the development, customization and system administration of 32 GL, AP and AR
reports using Reports 2.5 and PL/SQL for Oracle Financials 10.7 NCA under Oracle 7.3 / DIGITAL UNIX.
Jan. 1999 - Mar. 1999 CSC @ United States Coast Guard Finance Center Chesapeake - VA
* Participated in the implementation of the Accounts Receivables module of Oracle Financials 10.7 SC
using Reports 2.5, PL/SQL and database triggers under Oracle 7.3 and HP 9000 / HP-UX 10 / WNT4.
* Tasks included the customization and trouble shooting of the dunning letters, 3 invoice reports, the
import of customers from an Access database and the System Administration for the test instance.
* Assisted the conversion and testing of USCG's legacy systems and helped users with technical support.
Aug. 1998 - Sep. 1998 Cancom - Canadian Satellite Communications Toronto - ON
* Developed several new reports and customized existent ones for the Accounts Receivable module of
Oracle Financials and Manufacturing 10.7 SC using Reports 2.5, Oracle 7.3.4 and HP-9000 /HP-UX 10.
* Optimization of 2, 3 and 4 hours reports into 10 minutes reports and the development of large PL/SQL
procedures were an important part of this work.
Apr. 1998 - June 1998 CANAC - A Kohler Company Toronto - ON
* Completed independently all the setup of the Purchasing module and the expense items part of the
Inventory of Oracle Financials / Manufacturing 10.7 SC under Oracle 7.3.3 and RISC 6000 / AIX 3.2.
* Tasks include functional and technical analysis, testing, system admin, documentation and user training.
Nov. 1997 - Feb. 1998 DOFASCO Hamilton - ON
* Assisted the pre-production phase of the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Payable modules of
Oracle Financials 10.6 / 10.7 and Purchase Order, Inventory, Order Entry and EDI interface modules of
Oracle Manufacturing 10.6. Worked also as the Apps System Administrator in the testing environment.
* Tasks included end users support, installation of Oracle products, Reports 2.0 customizations, TARs
management and PL/SQL 2.3 scripts development under Oracle 7.1.6 and HP 9000 / HP-UX 10.
June 1997 - Oct. 1997 ESCO Corporation Vancouver - BC
* Completed the conversion of the Bills of Material and Inventory modules of Oracle Manufacturing and
Accounts Receivable (including some setup) of the Oracle Financials 10.7 Smart Client Multi-Org.
* Wrote a set of scripts in PL/SQL 2.3, sql*loader, database triggers and packages for the 500 gigabytes
Oracle 7.3.3 instances under Digital Alpha 8400 server /64-bit DIGITAL UNIX 5.6, WNT4 and W95.
* ESCO's project was considered by Oracle Corporation the third-largest implementation of Oracle
Applications in the world and successfully proceeded faster than any other comparable site until that date.
Nov. 1996 - May 1997 ALIAS | WAVEFRONT - A Silicon Graphics Company Toronto - ON
* Wrote a set of scripts in PL/SQL, sql*loader and database triggers for the conversion of the Accounts
Receivable and Payable modules from the legacy systems to Oracle Financials 10.6.1 Multi-Org.
* Created a collection of C procedures for the analysis and cleanup of the legacy data files.
* Developed the Revenue Recognition, Revenue Reallocation and Discount interfaces using PL/SQL 2.3.
* Developed also the interface between the Order Entry system and AR, including both the Error
Handling and the Log Control procedures using PRO*C 2.2, Oracle 7.3 and SGI Indy/IRIX 5.3.
ji...@relational.ca (416) YES-DATA Page 4
Sep. 1996 - Oct. 1996 DATA GENERAL CANADA Toronto - ON
* Completed the setup and conversion of the Accounts Payable, Purchase Order and Fixed Assets modules
of Oracle Financials 10.6 / Multi-Org using PL/SQL 2.3 with Oracle 7.3 under AViiON / DG-UX 4.11.
May 1996 - Aug. 1996 CLEARNET Toronto - ON
* Participated in the User Acceptance Testing of the new billing system for the first PCS - Personal
Communication Services, in Canada. Tasks included test scripts, scenarios writing and process mapping.
* Completed a set of programs to write and read the UTX file - unrated transactions, using PRO*C 2.0,
PL/SQL 2.3, Oracle 7.3 under HP 9000 / HP-UX 10.0 and Sun Sparc Ultra with Solaris 2.5.
Dec. 1995 - Feb. 1996 ORACLE Corporation Canada (Jr. System Administrator) Toronto - ON
* Made installations, setups and some DBA tasks for courses of the Education dept. under HP-UX 9.0.
* Coordinated the copy of the US unix model, structure and standards, including the implementation
of the Optimal Flexible Architecture - OFA, on all Canadian Training Centers using ORACLE 7.2.2.
Sep. 1995 - Nov. 1995 SEER Technologies (Sr. Consultant) Toronto - ON
* Completed five weeks of intensive training in Raleigh, NC. Studied and trained in the technical
construction of very large scale client/server applications using HPS CASE under ORACLE 7.2.
* Participated in a one week workshop on Consultant Techniques in Orlando, FL.
Feb. 1994 - July 1995 Origin C&P Services (Sr. System Analyst / Sr. Programmer) Rio de Janeiro
* Worked closely with clients, achieving outstanding results at all full life cycle of the systems -
data modeling, process analysis, programming and testing, delivery, training and maintenance.
* Consulted regarding PL/SQL statements optimization and database tuning for the Xerox Brazil.
* Completed (independently) all the full life cycle of the Parts Per Million - PPM and the CPS -
Cost Performance Supplier systems for the Quality Assurance area of Xerox Brazil using
Forms 4.0, Reports 2.0, PL/SQL 2.0 and ORACLE 7 under Sun Sparc 20 and Solaris.
* Developed and administered a complete course on ORACLE 7 for Origin co-workers.
* Completed (in a team environment) the Distributed Data Processing - DDP project for the
Manufacture area of Xerox Brazil using PL/SQL 2.0 and the distributed option of ORACLE 7.
* Completed (in a team environment) all the full life cycle of the Credit Card Contingency system for
Mesbla Financial Systems using Forms 4.0, PL/SQL 2.0, ORACLE 7.2, HP PA827 and HP-UX 9.0.
* Completed (in a team environment) all the full life cycle of the Vessel Management system for
Lachman Corporation using PL/SQL 2.0, ORACLE 7 and Gupta SQL Windows.
Jan. 1993 - Nov. 1993 Relational Consulting (System Analyst / Sr. Programmer) Rio de Janeiro
* Completed (in a team environment) all the full life cycle of the External Accounts Reconciliation for the
Souza Cruz Overseas using SQL*Forms 3.0, SQL*Reports, PL/SQL and ORACLE 7 under SCO UNIX.
* Completed (independently) and maintained the Telephone Management system for the Mesbla Holding
using SQL*Forms 3.0, SQL*Reports, PL/SQL and ORACLE 6 and 7 under HP-UX.
* Completed (in a team environment) all the full life cycle of the International Trade Monitoring system,
including the Import, Export and Funding modules for the Bozano Simonsen Bank using PL/SQL,
SQL*Forms 3.0, SQL*Reports, and ORACLE 6 under HP-UX and SCO UNIX.
ji...@relational.ca (416) YES-DATA Page 5
Aug. 1991 - Feb. 1992 RHEEM Commercial and Industrial (Programmer) Rio de Janeiro
* Pioneered and implemented a system based on relational database (IBM SQL/DS).
* Administered a SQL course for the development team.
* Developed complex graphics, programs and reports for the Import/Export system.
* Programmed the Inventory Control system using COBOL/CICS/SQL.
Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ)
1992 M.Sc. in Computer Science, completed 12 credits.
1992 B.Sc. in Data Processing, graduated.
1988 Computer Engineering, completed 77 credits.
Ryerson Polytechnic University
2003 Advanced Business Management, 364 h, On-Going (3/8 done).
2003 Business Management, 364 h, On-Going (7/8 done).
2003 Accounting - Finance, 364 h, On-Hold (6/8 done).
1998 Web Design, 84 h, Completed.
Fundacao Getulio Vargas do Rio de Janeiro (FGV-RJ)
1995 International Business and Finance, 360 h, Completed.
Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ)
1988 - 1992 Selected for partially repayable scholarship.
1991 Selected for two teaching assistant positions - C language, with scholarships.
Support Research Foundation of Rio de Janeiro (FAPERJ)
1991 Selected for Scientific Initiation Scholarship (Compilers Technology area).
Dec. 1990 - July 1991 Furnas Electrical Company (IBM 3090, DB2, DATACOM/DBMS, IDEAL/4GL, COBOL)
May 1990 - Nov. 1990 Unique Systems (ORACLE 5 / 6, UNIFY 2000/RDBMS, ACCELL/4GL, C, SCO UNIX)
Jan. 1990 - Apr. 1990 Conectus Informatics (CLIPPER, C, PASCAL, MODULA 2, PROLOG, UNIX, MS-DOS)