How to export oracle user

Post by Bob Ye » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am trying to export Oracle users from one database to another.

If I import the users base on user name then I have to create the user
on the target database first(I don't want to change usres' passwd).

I dod't want to do an full import either because there are unwanted
users and it is going to import sys/system objects also, right?

What is the best way to do it?

Thanks.

Bob

How to export oracle user

Post by Connor McDonal » Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I am trying to export Oracle users from one database to another.

> If I import the users base on user name then I have to create the user
> on the target database first(I don't want to change usres' passwd).

> I dod't want to do an full import either because there are unwanted
> users and it is going to import sys/system objects also, right?

> What is the best way to do it?

> Thanks.

> Bob

Look in DBA_USERS for the password field.  You CAN precreate the user
with the old password.

If in DBA_USERS, the password field says "123ASD456QWE" then create the
user with

create user xyz identified by values '123ASD456QWE';

Use DBA_SYS_PRIVS to find what privs they had in the old database and
away you go...

Cheers
Connor McDonald
BHP Iron Ore
Perth Australia
--
Connor McDonald
Systems Administrator-Unix/Oracle

1. Q: Exporting with user mode and dopping the users

I want to export all the objects owned by some users
and drop(delete) the objects and the users.

Later if the objects must be restored , can I restore all
as same as before the exporting?  If I can, how?

I think, the user information should be exported before
the exporting of data objects, and imported  before
the importing of data objects.
But I don't know how to do for this.

Thanks in advand for your kind answers.

2. HOW TO GET PROCESS-ID?

3. user id to use for running an export (Oracle 817)

4. Date Format

5. export to different oracle user...

6. How to write a transparent gateway?

7. Newbie : How to export a big DB (~60GB) (like Oracle export)

8. Using SQLDMO to script User Defined Functions

9. DTS Export: How to have nulls export as blanks on fixed width export

10. User export and creation

11. Export User Mails, Calendar, appointment to SQL Server2000

12. Exporting Users?

13. How to keep user account when import/export in SQL Server 7