JDBC connection error

Post by vika » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 07:30:49

I get this error when trying to use JDBC to connect to an Oracle database
from the Oracle Lite consolidator. I tried changing the JDBC_URL and
JDBC_DRIVER values but could not get a succesful connection.

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: Protocol violation

Any ideas?

Thanx

1. JDBC Connection error within an applet !

Hello!
I have used the following code to establish a JDBC connection to
an INTERBASE database from an applet.
the driver used is a forth type one wich is Interclient (the duo
interclient/interserver for the dbms INTERBASE)
//******************
private Connection c ;
String
databaseURL= "jdbc:interbase://localhost/C:/JBuilder2/samples/bor
land/reference/cliffhanger/data/Cliffhanger.gdb";
String user = "SYSDBA";
String password = "masterkey";
String driverName= "interbase.interclient.Driver";
Class.forName (drivername);
c = java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection (databaseURL, user,
password);
//*****************
The latest statement caused the following error:
//*
(java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.sun.io )
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Compiled
Code)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Compiled Code)
//*

Where is the problem please?
if the solution is to sign the applet, show me please how can'I
do that ?.

2. OpenRoad, triggering menu-buttons... (fwd)

3. Urgent! DB2 jdbc connection error

4. Minimum server specs... ?

5. Mysql-JDBC connection Error

6. Sequence - Cache expire ?

7. jdbc connection error to oracle 8i

8. App Role and guest account

9. JDBC Connection error...

10. jdbc connection error

11. jdbc connection error with DB2 8.1 64-bit client

12. Error accessing a JDBC Connection Object over a RMI Connection

13. Please help: Oracle 7.1 JDBC connections : portmaper error/general connectivity errors