check for bottle neck

Post by à?é? » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hello.
i have unix sco on p350 256 ram, with oracle 8.
how can i check preformance and seek for bottle neck?

check for bottle neck

Post by David Sis » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi:

A good start would be the check tuning script on the page below (go to the
downloads section).

Regards,

--
David C. Sisk
Need tech info on Oracle? Visit The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site at

>hello.
>i have unix sco on p350 256 ram, with oracle 8.
>how can i check preformance and seek for bottle neck?

1. Any bottle necks on text datatypes

Hello Sql Gurus

A table contains one column as text data type.

I could able to do the insert or append operations
to this table.

But My question is

        When I sending through the clinet (vb application -
 far point Memo control)
        in the developement i could able to pass the text
of 15 to 20 pages with out
        any problem

1.      Here my concern is It able to handle on Production
systems (Where more number
        of users are working)

2.      Is there any characters that the text datatype
cannot able to handle
        and fires an ODBC error.

Thanks in Advance
Venkata.

2. Need help! Convert numbers to letters

3. Oracle performance & bottle necks (redo,rollback and datafiles)

4. T-SQL Format Output

5. Up to my neck in it

6. error 14258

7. CachedUpdates, what a pain in the neck...!!!

8. Up to my neck !

9. Message in a bottle: cursors

10. Old w(h)ine in a new bottle

11. Old data in new bottles.