rescue table help

Post by Stev » Wed, 23 May 2001 02:05:39

Someone deleted thousands of rows from a table in which only a dozen rows
left if using sqlplus.    But Enterprise Manager shows there are still
11,000 rows in the table.

Question:  How could this be?   Any option to rescue deleted rows?

Thanks a millions.

Steve

rescue table help

Post by John Darr » Wed, 23 May 2001 07:06:27

I don't know why enterprise manager would still be showing 11,000 rows.  It
could be that it is looking at the stats on the table which don't get
updated until the table is analyzed.  Analyze the table and see if the
num_rows column changes.  As far as recovering the table goes, if you are on
8.1.X and in archive log mode, you can use logmnr to generate an undo
statement for the delete.  See the docs on logminer for details

Good Luck

--
Posted from [63.83.225.245]

rescue table help

Post by Howard J. Roger » Wed, 23 May 2001 07:43:28

He could of course use Log Miner whether he is in archivelog mode or not,
provided that the online logs haven't switched around in the meantime, and
over-written the relevant redo entries.

Regards
HJR
--
=============================!!=============================
The views expressed are my own only, and definitely NOT those of Oracle

Quote:> I don't know why enterprise manager would still be showing 11,000 rows.
It
> could be that it is looking at the stats on the table which don't get
> updated until the table is analyzed.  Analyze the table and see if the
> num_rows column changes.  As far as recovering the table goes, if you are
on
> 8.1.X and in archive log mode, you can use logmnr to generate an undo
> statement for the delete.  See the docs on logminer for details

> Good Luck

> --
> Posted from [63.83.225.245]
> via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

rescue table help

Post by Norman Dunba » Wed, 23 May 2001 16:30:40

Stupid reply, but did they commit ???
Someone deleted thousands of rows from a table in which only a dozen
rows
left if using sqlplus.    But Enterprise Manager shows there are still
11,000 rows in the table.

Question:  How could this be?   Any option to rescue deleted rows?

Thanks a millions.

Steve

rescue table help

Post by John Darr » Wed, 23 May 2001 23:58:59

You are correct sir.

--
Posted from [63.83.225.245]