public news group servers

Post by old ca » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 23:32:01

I can't access this news group at work since the company does not have a
news server. Is there a public news server that I can use to read Oracle
news groups?

Thanks
Bob

public news group servers

Post by wayn » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 00:39:01

Quote:> I can't access this news group at work since the company does not have a
> news server. Is there a public news server that I can use to read Oracle
> news groups?

Try google newsgroups (they used to be deja.com).  You should read their
terms of usage, though, because they make you sign away all intellectual
property rights on the material you post (ugh!). This is web-based posting
and reading.

Otherwise, there are some subscription-based newsgroup servers that charge
about $5 a month (non-web-based)...  There used to be free ones, but I do
not know of any that still exist besides google
newsgroups.(http://groups.google.com)

Good luck!

public news group servers

Post by andrew_webby at hotmai » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 18:56:52

try:
http://www.wsindex.com or http://freenews.maxbaud.net/ or
http://www.feist.com/~pranav/freenntp.html

Google: "free news servers".

Most won't allow you to post (well, they are free...)

Quote:> I can't access this news group at work since the company does not have a
> news server. Is there a public news server that I can use to read Oracle
> news groups?

> Thanks
> Bob

public news group servers

Post by Mark D Powe » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 00:04:12

> try:
> http://www.wsindex.com or http://freenews.maxbaud.net/ or
> http://www.feist.com/~pranav/freenntp.html

> Google: "free news servers".

> Most won't allow you to post (well, they are free...)

> > I can't access this news group at work since the company does not have a
> > news server. Is there a public news server that I can use to read Oracle
> > news groups?

> > Thanks
> > Bob

http://www.newsone.com is free and allows posting.  They send you an
id and password via email but if you check to have these saved the
first time you post via a cookie then it is easy to use.

Unfortunately neither newsone or google track your posts so you can
find them easily again.

-- Mark D Powell --

1. public news server for oracle news groups

Hello

Is there any public news server that is totally dedicated to Oracle
news groups just like there are news servers named
'forums.powersoft.com' or 'forums.sybase.com' for PowerSoft/Sybase
related news groups.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. dbgrid S.O.S

3. Help: Recovering from MDF and LDF files

4. Any other great public news servers out there?

5. Help! ODBC--call failed - Timeout

6. Public News Server access ...

7. Is this group moderated?

8. Any other great public news servers out there?

9. where is Sybase public news server ?

10. Off-topic: public news server

11. Subject : News Composer can send huge news group address

12. The User Group News: South Florida Informix User Group meeting