ORA-06120 error message

Post by Craig Timm » Wed, 04 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

I have written a 16 bit app in Delphi 1 which read/writes an ORACLE 6
database on a UNIX server.

It works just fine.

I'm trying to upgarde our PC's to Win NT or Win 95 BUT both operating
systems give me an ORA-06120 ERROR message. Which means that TCP/IP has
not been properly loaded.

I can PING the server & everything seems okay.

I can use VT320 to execute SQL statements with ORACLE SQLPLUS.

But no matter what I do I cannot get 16 BDE to connect to the Oracle
database.

Is it possible to connect BDE on a Win NT workstation to an ORACLE 6
database?
What could I possibly check for?
Is there a conflict between 16 bit BDE & 32 bit Win NT TCP/IP?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Craig Timms

1. ORA-06120 error message

[...]

2. US-MD-VA-DC - Client/Server Project Managers Wanted

3. Error message: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

4. Return Key

5. What means the error Message ORA-01219

6. Measuring query performance - Newbie

7. Help: ORA 01034 message error

8. Change sort order ??

9. Error message ORA-01041

10. Error Message: ORA-12500 TNS: listener failed to start a dedicated server process

11. Error message ORA-01037 - max cursor memory exceeded

12. ORA 03121-Error message