How to reset admin login account username & password in Oracle 8i?

How to reset admin login account username & password in Oracle 8i?

Post by Patric » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:55:20

Dear all,

Can any body suggest me a means to do if I forgot the username and password
of an Oracle 8i DB, I am not a DBA and not very familiar with Oracle. It
just used up many space in harddisk and I want to have a configuration on
the data file size.

Thanks

Patrick

How to reset admin login account username & password in Oracle 8i?

Post by andrew_webby at hotmai » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:29:29

Ask your DBA - unless he has granted you select on dba_data_files, or
v$datafile etc. Or just look at the file sizes via the OS.

Quote:> Dear all,

> Can any body suggest me a means to do if I forgot the username and
password
> of an Oracle 8i DB, I am not a DBA and not very familiar with Oracle. It
> just used up many space in harddisk and I want to have a configuration on
> the data file size.

> Thanks

> Patrick

How to reset admin login account username & password in Oracle 8i?

Post by Patric » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:55:21

Thanks for advice, but that server is for development purpose and the DBA
has gone away.

Regards

>Ask your DBA - unless he has granted you select on dba_data_files, or
>v$datafile etc. Or just look at the file sizes via the OS.

>> Dear all,

>> Can any body suggest me a means to do if I forgot the username and
>password
>> of an Oracle 8i DB, I am not a DBA and not very familiar with Oracle. It
>> just used up many space in harddisk and I want to have a configuration on
>> the data file size.

>> Thanks

>> Patrick

How to reset admin login account username & password in Oracle 8i?

Post by Szymon Budy » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:13:32

You can reset password for "internal"  account using orapwd.exe
but I don't know how to reset password for system or sys.
First try standard passwords - maybe ...

Regards

Szymon Budys

How to reset admin login account username & password in Oracle 8i?

Post by George Barbou » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:47:34

Hummm....?,
Are you saying you are going to run an Oracle database without a DBA?
Oracle is not an application to be treated lightly in requires a massive
investment in time and material to operate correctly.
If your company is reliant on the data, I would caution you hire the
services of a DBA before you go any further and risk what you have.

George Barbour.

> Thanks for advice, but that server is for development purpose and the DBA
> has gone away.

> Regards

> >Ask your DBA - unless he has granted you select on dba_data_files, or
> >v$datafile etc. Or just look at the file sizes via the OS.

> >> Dear all,

> >> Can any body suggest me a means to do if I forgot the username and
> >password
> >> of an Oracle 8i DB, I am not a DBA and not very familiar with Oracle.
It
> >> just used up many space in harddisk and I want to have a configuration
on
> >> the data file size.

> >> Thanks

> >> Patrick

How to reset admin login account username & password in Oracle 8i?

Post by John Theuni » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:19:17

hi,

If you can connect to the host machine directly (ssh or telnet) and you have
the oracle account, you can connect internal and then issue 'alter user sys
identified by <passwd>' from there; the same for system.

kind regards,
john

Quote:> Dear all,

> Can any body suggest me a means to do if I forgot the username and
password
> of an Oracle 8i DB, I am not a DBA and not very familiar with Oracle. It
> just used up many space in harddisk and I want to have a configuration on
> the data file size.

> Thanks

> Patrick

How to reset admin login account username & password in Oracle 8i?

Post by Doug O'Lear » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:01:34

Hey;

If this is a UNIX system, do the following:

1.      Connect to the system (ssh/telnet)
2.      su - oracle
3.      sqlplus 1/2 as sysdba

Works like a champ.

Doug

--
-------------------
Douglas K. O'Leary

1. Reset Proxy Account losing NT account details and password on reboot

Has anyone come across or dealt with the following situation:

1) Initial setup of the NT account details for the SQL Server Agent proxy
account was successfully set and tested, eg.

  master..xp_cmdshell "dir c:"

2) Reboot the server

3) SQL Server Agent proxy account details are lost and

  master..xp_cmdshell "dir c:"

does not work

4) Subsequent reset of the NT account details for the SQL Server Agent proxy
account was successfully set and tested, eg.

  master..xp_cmdshell "dir c:"

It appears to have "lost" the SQL Server Agent proxy account details after
the reboot.

Is Windows caching these details up or something ?

Can any hazard a guess or theory on what has happened and what can be done
to ensure the proxy account details are permanently stored ?

Regards,
DT
**********************************

Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.534 (Intel X86)
 Nov 19 2001 13:23:50
 Copyright (c) 1988-2000 Microsoft Corporation
 Standard Edition on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 3)

2. Error with the connection to Oracle DB

3. Login with Username & Password

4. Form Buider 6.0 & Oracle 7.3.4

5. Creating Oracle accounts: usernames and passwords under Red Hat Linux 6.1

6. Network driver cannot open the network device

7. What's default username and password for ORACLE 8i(newbie)

8. Problem built in parameterised Access queries and dates

9. UserName & Password for Peronal Oracle 8

10. Recover/ Reset Admin password

11. Reset passwords w/o admin rights

12. Need to reset admin userid/password for eval copy

13. Help: Login username and password