DBA_FREE_SPACE, how to create ?

Post by Vikram Goe » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> On this new database I set up I have no dba_free_space.  It tells me
> the synonym is not valid.  How would I create the synonym, and where
> should it point to.

> Same thing happens with dba_extents, and I would assume with all other
> dba_* tables.

> Heber
> ---

 Heber,

You may need to run the catalog.sql script as well as the dbsyn.sql script
in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin  directory.

Vik.
* Vikram Goel
* Principal Consultant

* Core and Emerging Technologies Group    Web: http://www.aric.com
* ARIS Corporation
* 'Putting it all Together'

DBA_FREE_SPACE, how to create ?

Post by Heber Ferraz-Lei » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

On this new database I set up I have no dba_free_space.  It tells me
the synonym is not valid.  How would I create the synonym, and where
should it point to.

Same thing happens with dba_extents, and I would assume with all other
dba_* tables.

Heber
---

DBA_FREE_SPACE, how to create ?

Post by PHerdma » Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:00:00

You need to run catalog.sql found in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin, if you need to
 see these tables/views from other users run ?/rdbms/admin/catdbsyn.sql from
 the required user.

Also, remember ?/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql for the procedural option.

Regards,
PeterHG.

DBA_FREE_SPACE, how to create ?

Post by Greg Kain » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Ensure that you run catalog.sql and catdbsyn.sql
as sys or connect internal....

> Hi,

> On this new database I set up I have no dba_free_space.  It tells me
> the synonym is not valid.  How would I create the synonym, and where
> should it point to.

> Same thing happens with dba_extents, and I would assume with all other

> dba_* tables.

> Heber
> ---

1. Conflict between dba_free_space and dba_datafiles for a new datafile

Hello guys,

        I have a rather unique situation.  It was about couple weeks
ago that  I added a second datafile for a particular tablespace, LDS
at a client site.  At the beginning, everything seems normal, but now
I discovered that there is no entry for the new datafile (file_id =
17) in the table dba_free_space, while there is one in the
dba_data_files.  Would someone know similar situation?

        Objects like image files are constantly being added and
deleted on the LDS tablespace.  The 2nd datafile for LDS has been
increased in size much faster than I expected.  I suspect that the
free space from deleted objects is not being used.

        If anyone has any ideas what I can do, or where should I

or simply post it here.

Thanks
Michael L

2. LostFocus()

3. Join select on dba_data_filles, dba_free_space, dba_extents etc.

4. postgresql for PDA

5. Freespace in Tablespaces that doesn't show in dba_free_space

6. Size limit to sybase/sql server database on PC platform

7. Bug in dba_free_space?

8. Inserting resultset from stored proc into a table

9. Select count(*) from dba_free_space > 250000

10. Block_id in the dba_free_space

11. dba_free_space missing a tablespace???

12. Some basic dba_free_space stuff

13. Problem in DBA_FREE_SPACE ( oracle)????