Installing Personal Oracle 8.1.5 + Developer 6.0 + Designer 6.0 on a Windows 98 platform./notebook

Installing Personal Oracle 8.1.5 + Developer 6.0 + Designer 6.0 on a Windows 98 platform./notebook

Post by Martin Von » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

For those who are interested,....
Initially I've faced problems with installing Personal Oracle 8.1.5 +
Developer 6.0 + Designer 6.0 on a Windows 98 platform./notebook (f.i.
..TNSNAMES errors and various Designer 6.0 errors). After a lot of "*
,sweat and tears" I've found A solution. (that is to say: not THE solution).
I have to say that my solution costs you about 1 GB of space on your
harddisk. If you're facing similar prolems and you want a detailed

Martin Vonk

Installing Personal Oracle 8.1.5 + Developer 6.0 + Designer 6.0 on a Windows 98 platform./notebook

Post by Dennis Verstee » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Martin,

I am currently trying to install Personal Oracle 8 + Designer 2000
on my notebook (somebody else is trying that for my).
We have a problem with linking the designer with the personal Oracle
database.
Do you have a solution for this problem?

Dennis Versteeg

> For those who are interested,....
> Initially I've faced problems with installing Personal Oracle 8.1.5 +
> Developer 6.0 + Designer 6.0 on a Windows 98 platform./notebook (f.i.
> ..TNSNAMES errors and various Designer 6.0 errors). After a lot of "*
> ,sweat and tears" I've found A solution. (that is to say: not THE
solution).
> I have to say that my solution costs you about 1 GB of space on your
> harddisk. If you're facing similar prolems and you want a detailed

> Martin Vonk

Installing Personal Oracle 8.1.5 + Developer 6.0 + Designer 6.0 on a Windows 98 platform./notebook

Post by Jim Brenna » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is it is a SQLNET problem? if so Start the listener, and use a standard
TNSNAMES entry.  There is an example of the Bequeath connect syntax with The
database.  I believe it is BEQ-LOCAL.world

IMPORTANT: Also before you can use designer you have to install and
configure the repository, the notes are in the designer HTML docs.  This set
up is very very lengthy on a laptop

Jim Brennan
__

>Martin,

>I am currently trying to install Personal Oracle 8 + Designer 2000
>on my notebook (somebody else is trying that for my).
>We have a problem with linking the designer with the personal Oracle
>database.
>Do you have a solution for this problem?

>Dennis Versteeg

>> For those who are interested,....
>> Initially I've faced problems with installing Personal Oracle 8.1.5 +
>> Developer 6.0 + Designer 6.0 on a Windows 98 platform./notebook (f.i.
>> ..TNSNAMES errors and various Designer 6.0 errors). After a lot of "*
>> ,sweat and tears" I've found A solution. (that is to say: not THE
>solution).
>> I have to say that my solution costs you about 1 GB of space on your
>> harddisk. If you're facing similar prolems and you want a detailed

>> Martin Vonk

>--

1. problems to install Personal Oracle 8.0.3 with Developer 6.0

    I have problems of compatibility when having installed the Personal
Oracle 8.0.3 treatment of installing the Developer 6.0, stop to work the
Personal Oracle, this apparently happens when the Developer loads some
components, somebody could inform me if these versions are or not
compatible.

                                      Attn.

                                                Marcelo Martnez

2. SQL question has me stumped!!!>> I have searched many, many books including three written by yourself for a

3. How to install Personal Oracle 8.0.3 and Developer 6.0 on win NT4

4. How to determin, if a DB is a FMP 5 VS FMP 5.5. ???

5. Personal Oracle 9i on Windows 2000 Pro remains at 98% and not install

6. Q: How to shutdown an instances on Windows NT

7. Visual C++ 6.0 / Personal Oracle (Windows)

8. Help on 8.1.7 Personal Install on Windows 98

9. Problem installing Personal Edition for WIndows 98

10. Visual C++ 6.0 / Personal Oracle (Windows)

11. Installing Oracle 8i & Designer 6.0