Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5

Post by JIM PARTRIDG » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
I'm a bit of a beginner with Oracle, and have to convert several forms from
3.0 to 4.5 - yes I have a manual but no backup and no easy path to a support
person. I would be really greatful if anyone could mail me with some tips /
advice etc as to how to proceed. For those of you kind enough to respond, my
email address is :

many thanks

Jim

Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5

Post by Florence Schwalle » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I converted several forms from 3.0 to 4.5 on motif environnement on unix IBM
Aix.

To Upgrade a form 3.0 to form 4.5, I tape the command line :
f45genm module=<name> userid=<un/pw> upgrade=yes version =30

After upgrading your form, you must change "the coordonates informations" of
"Properties" in your form 4.5. It must be "Real coordonates informations"
and not "Character coordonates informations". It's very important.
There is an other important chagement to do. You don't must have Windows
with name "Root_Windows". If you have one, change the name.
 I'm sorry. I am not good in english.
Bye, Florence Schwaller

>Hi all,
>I'm a bit of a beginner with Oracle, and have to convert several forms from
>3.0 to 4.5 - yes I have a manual but no backup and no easy path to a
support
>person. I would be really greatful if anyone could mail me with some tips /
>advice etc as to how to proceed. For those of you kind enough to respond,
my
>email address is :

>many thanks

>Jim

1. Portage d'une application de FORMS 3.0 en FORMS 4.5

Nous sommes amens porter une application importante ( + de 500 forms) de
3.0 en 4.5. Dans le cas o vous auriez men ce type d'opration, je
souhaiterai savoir quelle est la nature des difficults que vous avez
rencontres et suivant quelles modalits le portage a t ralis.

2. Strange Message on EM

3. Migrating SQL*Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5, 5 or 6

4. udf in sql ?

5. Is Jsp/java better than PHP?

6. Migrating SQL*Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5, 5 or 6.

7. Limit on table size

8. How to convert oracle forms 3.0 to 4.5

9. Forms 4.5: Start Form Maximized

10. Forms 4.5 to Forms 6

11. Running 10.7 Apps GUI form in Forms 4.5 outside Apps

12. Saving forms in database in Forms 4.5