Changing passwords for Oracle-installed Default users

Changing passwords for Oracle-installed Default users

Post by Travers, Neil » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 23:11:39

Hi,

In an attempt to close a security loophole I'm about to change the
passwords for the Default oracle users such as OUTLN etc. plus those for
SYS and SYSTEM.

My question is, does this have any impact on internal operations?  For
example, will it cause any problems when applying patches?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Neill

Changing passwords for Oracle-installed Default users

Post by dmarcu.. » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 04:20:18

Changing the default passwords won't cause any problems, when applying
patches you will be prompted for the passwords.  Just check any scripts
that you have to make sure the passwords (if hardcoded) are changed.

Dave

In article

an>,

Quote:> Hi,

> In an attempt to close a security loophole I'm about to change the
> passwords for the Default oracle users such as OUTLN etc. plus those
for
> SYS and SYSTEM.

> My question is, does this have any impact on internal operations?  For
> example, will it cause any problems when applying patches?

> Any help would be appreciated

> Thanks

> Neill

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. What is the default password for the postgres user in the default

        Anyone know what the default password is for the postgres user? When
trying to use createuser, the password for the postgres user is asked. What
is that default password? I searched all through the docs but couldn't find
it.

Thanks.

2. Unable to dump tran

3. Default Oracle Users and Passwords?

4. Excel array to Access Table

5. Urgent for Default User name and Password for Oracle 8

6. connect property of data control

7. Default Password for Oracle user Internal

8. Two triggers in one sp

9. Oracle Financials 11.0.3 (Changing application users passwords directly w/o front-end)

10. How to allow user to change password in Oracle

11. Change User Name and User Password on MSDE 2000

12. alter user to change user's password returns pg_shadow: Permission

13. Default Password for SQL Server on Install?