BLOB and WINWORD...

Post by quidam1 » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I want to open WORD from FORMS60 for editing document from a BLOB column.

Actually I retreive a BLOB column from a table, put in a file and open word.
At the end, I save the WORD document on file and put it in the BLOB column.

This method seems to be archa?c (for me)...

Does anybody can send me a "magic" receipe for opening WORD from a BLOB
without using file?

Please, remove "nspam" from address if you want to reply directly to me...

Mario Perreault, Ville de Qubec

ISRA #1945

BLOB and WINWORD...

Post by Nicolas Dezair » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I do what you try to do with Forms 4.5.
If you don't want to create a file, the Word Document must be created by OLE
and not from a file.
Forms is only able to open a Word document from a Long field if it as been
created by OLE. The content of the field is not the same that if it ad been
created from a Word file.

quidam17 a crit dans le message

>I want to open WORD from FORMS60 for editing document from a BLOB column.

>Actually I retreive a BLOB column from a table, put in a file and open
word.
>At the end, I save the WORD document on file and put it in the BLOB column.

>This method seems to be archa?c (for me)...

>Does anybody can send me a "magic" receipe for opening WORD from a BLOB
>without using file?

>Please, remove "nspam" from address if you want to reply directly to me...

>Mario Perreault, Ville de Qubec

>ISRA #1945

1. Help for dde winword / demande d'aide sur dde winword

Je souhaite utiliser winword 97 partir de paradox 7
je russi lancer l'application  winword avec le document souhait mais
winword ne rend pas la main paradox qui se met en erreur
"DDE : le serveur spcifi ne rpond pas".

Voici le bout de programme que j 'ai cris :

method pushButton(var eventInfo Event)
Var
 Word_dde DDE
Endvar

;ouverture du fichier word
Word_dde.open ("C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft
Office\\Office\\WINWORD.EXE","C:\\pdoxwin\\smh\\cale.doc")

Word_dde.close()

endMethod

Patrice

2. SQL EXecutive

3. problem with running winword macro from SQL job

4. Thank you.. But....

5. Winword format

6. PDOXDOS 4.5 and WIN95 (Insufficient disk space avail.)

7. ASP & Winword

9. Automation problem while calling WinWord

10. Coding, Access, Winword

11. Help with WinWord file format

12. Problem to save Winword document in database

13. Winword format