Is Oracle Reports Developer Buggy, or is it just me?

Is Oracle Reports Developer Buggy, or is it just me?

Post by VWP9 » Wed, 06 Nov 2002 08:31:36

I have ben developing reports with 9iDS release 2 and I must say that I find
the development environment to be extremely buggy, making building reports very
irritating.  For example, I will make a change to some small portion of the
report, save, and then try to preview it again, and the preview comes up with
just the header - no report content.  So, I must then close out of the report
and open it again in order to see the changes.

Often times the program just flat out dies as well.  My platform is Window XP.

Has anyone had these, or similar experiences with Reports Developer?  Any
suggestions?  I am really starting to question whether I should be trying out
some other type of Report package, such as Crystal reports.

Thomas

Is Oracle Reports Developer Buggy, or is it just me?

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Wed, 06 Nov 2002 14:18:20

Quote:>I have ben developing reports with 9iDS release 2 and I must say that I find
>the development environment to be extremely buggy, making building reports very
>irritating.  For example, I will make a change to some small portion of the
>report, save, and then try to preview it again, and the preview comes up with
>just the header - no report content.  So, I must then close out of the report
>and open it again in order to see the changes.

>Often times the program just flat out dies as well.  My platform is Window XP.

>Has anyone had these, or similar experiences with Reports Developer?  Any
>suggestions?  I am really starting to question whether I should be trying out
>some other type of Report package, such as Crystal reports.

>Thomas

Did you check whether 9iDS is actually certified for XP? If Oracle
supports XP it is also usually the Professional Edition.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address

Is Oracle Reports Developer Buggy, or is it just me?

Post by sai sreenivas jeedigun » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 02:17:06

Hi Thomas,
Oracle reports is not Buggy...
as u r o.s is XP u should have some value edition in terms of
Visualization..coming to the Displaying part.. U need to Set the
Repeating frames properly inorder to View the complete report.. so
that u wont have the problems of Displaying only the header part etc
..
Go through some reference manuals that will show u the usage of
Setting the repeating frames etc..

sai

df.aol.com>...

Quote:> I have ben developing reports with 9iDS release 2 and I must say that I find
> the development environment to be extremely buggy, making building reports very
> irritating.  For example, I will make a change to some small portion of the
> report, save, and then try to preview it again, and the preview comes up with
> just the header - no report content.  So, I must then close out of the report
> and open it again in order to see the changes.

> Often times the program just flat out dies as well.  My platform is Window XP.

> Has anyone had these, or similar experiences with Reports Developer?  Any
> suggestions?  I am really starting to question whether I should be trying out
> some other type of Report package, such as Crystal reports.

> Thomas

Is Oracle Reports Developer Buggy, or is it just me?

Post by Keld Nielse » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 06:52:11

"sai sreenivas jeedigunta"

m...

Quote:> Hi Thomas,
> Oracle reports is not Buggy...
> as u r o.s is XP u should have some value
edition in terms of
> Visualization..coming to the Displaying part.. U
need to Set the
> Repeating frames properly inorder to View the

complete report.. so
Quote:> that u wont have the problems of Displaying only
the header part etc
> ..
> Go through some reference manuals that will show
u the usage of
> Setting the repeating frames etc..

> sai

sai,
what about:
Hi Thomas,
u u XP u $ + see. u ++. u 2 set ,,,,, pic. u -
head. rtfinem
Long live SMS.

Is Oracle Reports Developer Buggy, or is it just me?

Post by VWP9 » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 08:12:53

9iDS is certified on XP Pro, I checked it out.

Thanks to all those that responded in English, rather that that 'u u XP u $'
crap.

Thomas