SQL Loader error: SQL*Loader-282

Post by Benetnas » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:16:06

Hello,

I'm trying to load some data using SQL*Loader & am getting the
following error message:

SQL*Loader-282: unable to locate character set handle for character
set ID (0)

I had a look on The Net for information about this, and found the
following:

"Cause: SQL*Loader could not find the character set handle for the
given character set ID.

Action: The character set ID was obtained from the database server,
the SQL*Loader client does not have knowledge of the given character
set ID. Possible mismatch of NLS data on the client and server side."

However, the action is so vague, I really haven't got a clue as how to
combat the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem and can
suggest a solution? (I'm trying to run it through Windoze onto the
Oracle database which is on a Sun, which is probably where the problem
lies...)

Thanks for any help,

Benetnasch

1. Sql*Loader-282 Error on Client

I want to start the SqlLoader on the Client, but it seems to be an error in
the NLS-Settings!
I get the error Sql*Loader-282.

Client: WinNT, Version 8.0.4, NLS_LANGUAGE=german, NLS_TERRITORY=america

Server: WinNT, Version 7.3.2, NLS_LANGUAGE=german, NLS_TERRITORY=germany
NLS_CHARACTERSET=WE8ISO8859P1

I set also various Environment-Variables (NLS_LANG, etc.) on the client. But
nothing works!

Can anyone help me?

2. Really odd (i.e. terrible) performance issue with ADOMD/ADO/OLAP

3. Sql*Loader-282, error on client

4. performance problem under HP-UX

5. SQL*Loader-282: Unable to locate character set

6. Insert under transaction => table lock

7. TX-Austin-105804--ORACLE-SQL *Net-PL/SQL-SQL *Loader-UNIX-Oracle Database Administrator

8. ODBC Text File Driver

9. 18407-PA-HARRISBURG-ORACLE-UNIX-PL/SQL-SQL *Loader-SQL *Net-Oracle Developer