"not data found" error in replication

Post by Thorsten Kubi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello All!

My environment is a Multi-Master Replication in 7.3.4 on
Solaris 2.6. We do not need error resolution methods because
the application only works on one of the DBs. Configured
with High Availability Software.
Everything works fine so far but:
Sometimes (not to reproduce) we get an error "no data found" in
the deferror view in the standby DB. Only the standby DB!!

Frank Naud said in his FAQ that you should not update
the primary key.
OK, he might be right and the PowerBuilder Application is
really very stupid. Powerbuilder creates only full update
statements like. update <tablename> set <PK>='SAME' others=''...
where <PK>='SAME'...

My questions: Can I reproduce this behaviour?
Why does that error not occur everytime?
Why is it only a problem in the standby DB and NOT in the
productive DB the user is connected to?

Any help?

Thorsten

1. Replication ORA-01403 "no data found"

I am receiving a lot of local errors containing 'no data found' while
performing a rep_update.  The customer information is in both databases
and all am trying to do is update an adresss field.  Any ideas on what
is causing this.

I cannot look at the package to determine the where clause on this
update system.

Thanks,
Don

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Dollars & Politics

3. "DataSource" data member not found

4. Windows NT Advanced Server and SQL Server

5. "Could not find data access library"

6. Latest Oracle Workgroup server on Novell

7. help - "data source name not found"

8. Joining and ordering different recordsets into 1 recordset

9. "Data source not found" message

10. DTS Error "Column Delimiter not found"

11. Error: Attribute "oid" not found

12. DataGrid "Column Not Found" error

13. Strange "File not found" error