Forms 4.5 package question

Post by Rastko Potocni » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have a package in Forms 4.5 module.
When the package is initialized, the last function declared in package spec
is executed.
Can anybody explain why?

thanks

--
Rastko Potocnik

Forms 4.5 package question

Post by Luis Cabra » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello

It is not specific to Forms, it occurs also
in database stored packages.

In fact, what is executed is not the last function
in the package, is the package initialization,
defined in the package specification:

create package pkg1 as
-- this is the declaration part of the package
-- specification
  function a return number;
  procedure b;
begin
-- this is the initialization code (between the begin and
-- the end). It is optional and is executed the first
-- time the package is referenced in the user session.
  null;
end;

> I have a package in Forms 4.5 module.
> When the package is initialized, the last function declared in
package spec
> is executed.
> Can anybody explain why?

> thanks

> --
> Rastko Potocnik

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Forms 4.5 package question

Post by Rastko Potocni » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Thanks for the answer, but the last declared function was really executed
during package initialisation.
I've already found the catch; there were some VARCHAR2 variables declared in
package spec and into body functions without length defined; after I've
defined lengths of those teclarations, it was OK.

--
Rastko Potocnik

>Hello

>It is not specific to Forms, it occurs also
>in database stored packages.

>In fact, what is executed is not the last function
>in the package, is the package initialization,
>defined in the package specification:

>create package pkg1 as
>-- this is the declaration part of the package
>-- specification
>  function a return number;
>  procedure b;
>begin
>-- this is the initialization code (between the begin and
>-- the end). It is optional and is executed the first
>-- time the package is referenced in the user session.
>  null;
>end;

>> I have a package in Forms 4.5 module.
>> When the package is initialized, the last function declared in
>package spec
>> is executed.
>> Can anybody explain why?

>> thanks

>> --
>> Rastko Potocnik

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

1. Forms 4.5 question ( Query by form)

Hi all
I wonder if anyone can help, I am trying to write a form that will take a
search string and does an auto execute according to the search string, so if
I enter the latter 'A' it will automatically select in the form all the
records beginning with the letter 'A', and if I enter 'B' which makes the
search string 'AB' it will select only these records beginning with 'AB' and
so on.
p.s the execution will have to be done automatically without the press of
any buttons.
can any one point me in the right direction.
many thanks in advance
Mohamed
Reply to

2. BORED? UNDERPAID? READY TO JUMP?????

3. Forms 4.5 and Packaged Procedures

4. Concurrency Control Code

5. Accessing Package Variables from Forms 4.5

6. Disappearing Data FM 4.0v2 Mac

7. Begining questions on Forms 4.5

8. Can't Create New Field In a Dbase IV Table.

9. Oracle Forms 4.5 Question

10. Forms 4.5 question

11. Couple of questions about Forms 4.5

12. Forms 4.5 Question