how to import text file (.txt) into existing Oracle table and automate the process

how to import text file (.txt) into existing Oracle table and automate the process

Post by whitsmor » Tue, 28 May 2002 04:16:08

I have a text file called test.txt .  I want to import this into an
existing Oracle 9i table (NT version).  The text file basically has 12
fields, but the Oracle table has 13 since the first field is a primary
key that uses a sequence and a trigger to autogenerate a number.  Can
I do what I'm describing?  Is so, how?  Thx

how to import text file (.txt) into existing Oracle table and automate the process

Post by Jim Kenned » Tue, 28 May 2002 04:21:09

Look in the docs under Oracle utilities for sql loader.
Jim

Quote:> I have a text file called test.txt .  I want to import this into an
> existing Oracle 9i table (NT version).  The text file basically has 12
> fields, but the Oracle table has 13 since the first field is a primary
> key that uses a sequence and a trigger to autogenerate a number.  Can
> I do what I'm describing?  Is so, how?  Thx

1. Importing Text File into Existing Table

What it the proper way to import a delimited text file into an existing
Paradox table?  In the text file, say you only need 10 of the 20 fields.  I
need to be able to match the 10 fields in the text file up to 10 fields with
different names in the Paradox table.

I have been able to import the text file to a new table using
dlgImportASCIIvar, but how can I (using ObjectPAL) take only the fields I
need from that table and insert them into the Paradox table?  Does it matter
that the variable length table created from the text file has different
field names, types, and widths?

I am so close here.... help ..... please.

Thanks,
Jason Duke

2. Importing .cgi files in MS Access db

3. Import/append fields from excel/text files to an existing table

4. Mouse cursor won't snap to button in P9

5. Dts Import Question:Importing Csv file in an existing SQL2000 table with row-level conditions

6. Join behavior

7. DTS, Importing Text File, Truncates txt column

8. DBA MANAGERS NEEDED!!

9. Importing a text file - Smallctx.txt [01/01]

10. How to import text Files without txt extension

11. Automating importing text files

12. Automate Import-text-file DTS

13. Automate Import/Export to text or CSV file