TCP protocol adapter does not install

Post by Igor Sered » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

After installing Oracle wg server 7.3.2.3.0 under Solaris x86
i could not connect to listener with an error
TNS-12538:No such protocol adapter.
I looked into install.log file and found that
after seemingly successful (with no error messages) installation
of tcp adapter I cant find TCP in installed adapter list.

Any help or hint on how i can deal with the situation
will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Igor

--
Igor Sereda,
ITC, Russia

TCP protocol adapter does not install

Post by Lars Bo Vanti » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi Igor,

I once had a similar problem on a RM400 (Sinix 5.42) 7.3.2 installation. My
problem was caused by the environmane variable LANG not being set to english
(en). It MUST be set to "en" and ASCII character set because some program
expects a return string in english. Also notice the setting on the LC_
variables which can override the LANG...

Hope this solves your problem

/Lars Bo, TPI Systementwicklung AG, Switzerland

>Hello,

>After installing Oracle wg server 7.3.2.3.0 under Solaris x86
>i could not connect to listener with an error
>TNS-12538:No such protocol adapter.
>I looked into install.log file and found that
>after seemingly successful (with no error messages) installation
>of tcp adapter I cant find TCP in installed adapter list.

>Any help or hint on how i can deal with the situation
>will be greatly appreciated.

>Thank you,
>Igor

>--
>Igor Sereda,
>ITC, Russia

1. SQLPlus3.3 says that Beq Protocol adapter is not installed

Hi,

I am still having a problem with Oracle 8. The reason for ORA-3121 is
that Dev/2k and Plus 3.3 can not connect to DB because they can not
find the adapter. I've copied files tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora from
..\Net80\admin to ..\Network\admin. No luck! Meanwhile Plus 8.0.3
connects without any problem using this adapter.

Any idea? Thanks.

Rob.

----
Please remove the word "UNBLOCK" from my return address.
It's used against spammers. Hope it does not cause a lot of
inconvenience for you. Thanks.

2. problem with dbCombo properties ....

3. protocol adapters not linked

4. Unable to run DB2 SP's from VB using "DB2 Connect"

5. unable to install TCP Adapter

6. Can't get rid of WISQL GPF on LIBS!

7. Impossible to install TCP Adapter

8. Cached Updates Performance Problem

9. TCP Adapter fails to install 8.0.4 Solaris 2.6

10. TCP adapter not installable

11. Not able to enable the TCP/IP protocol on SQL Server 6.5

12. ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error on Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows 2000

13. no such protocol adapter error on nt4sp6a client