US-DC-SENIOR ORACLE DBA

Post by www.ORAsearch.co » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:18:49

JOB ID:106772

To reply to this job, please click
http://www.veryComputer.com/
A dedicated web site for ORACLE jobs and resumes!

Company Name:i360technologies

i360technologies

Washington,DC  USA

If you have Oracle 11i upgrade experience, we want to talk to you!

Company Information

i360technologies (i360) has a vast amount of experience in the ERP
arena. We focus specifically on PeopleSoft and Oracle applications. We
use the knowledge and experience of our consultants to drive the
projects based on business requirements and not solely technology. There
is no secret to our success. We work diligently to recruit, hire, train
and retain bright and talented people.

Job Description

This position will directly engage onsite with customers on a daily
basis. The role allows leaders to share knowledge and guide customers
through the best use of Oracle Applications technology stack. Excellent
communication skills and strong problem solving ability is required.
This is a full time position with travel required. Salary is based on
experience. Please submit resume in MS Word format.

General responsibilities include:

 Applications DBA Tasks  and  Problem Resolution

Copy/Clone Databases and Applications

Set up Web Servers, Form Servers, Databases, Listeners

Work with Application Developers/Functional Developers to resolve issues

Apply application and database patches

Install and Maintain Oracle Enterprise Manager

SQL Statement Tuning

Unix System Administration Tasks  and  Problem Resolution

Disk space utilization (file movement, purging, placement)

I/O contention management

Backup / Recovery (scheduled  and  on-demand)

User setup and maintenance

Unix Kernel parameter setups  and  tuning

Archive log setup, administration  and  maintenance

Backup, startup, utility scripts

Oracle Applications System Administration  and  Problem Resolution

Applications AOL object setup (users, menus, responsibilities, etc.)

Workflow setup  and  maintenance

Capacity Planning

Hardware (cpu, memory, disk, tape)

Disk (placement of new instances)

Database (tables, tablespaces, logs, etc.)

Technical Skills Required:

Oracle Applications 10.7X, 11and 11i Upgrade, Installation,
Configuration, Administration  and  Troubleshooting

Strong experience as an Oracle Database Administration in multiple
development environments.

Experience in disaster recovery, performance tuning, capacity planning,
modeling, and installations.

Detailed experience with Oracle 7, 8/8i and 9i

Proficient in SQL/PLSQL programming

Oracle product knowledge preferred in the following:  Oracle Designer,
Oracle Developer, JDEVELOPER, JBUILDER, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Net, C,
C++ or ProC.

Experience with System Performance and Tuning, CASE Method and Tools,
Application Development, Report Development, Data Modeling, and network
familiarity. JAVA, JAVAScript and HTML is an added plus.

Technical Skills Preferred not required:

Oracle Enterprise Manager

Oracle Applications Server

PVCS, Software Version Control System, Source Safe or equivalent product

Oracle Designer 2000 Support

Oracle Data Warehousing tools: Warehouse Builder, Pure Integrate, Pure
Extract

Experience Required:

Demonstrated expertise in the use of Oracle Products (Oracle 7.3.4, 8,
8i; Oracle Applications 10.7NCA, R11, R11i)

Demonstrated expertise in PL/SQL, Oracle 8.0.5, Oracle 8I, Oracle 7.3.2,
Designer/2000, Developer/2000 (forms 4.5, report 2.5) Unix (prefer SUN)
and database mitgration.

Aptitude for complex problem solving

Ability to work remotely

Ability to manage changing priorities is expected

5+ years experience in Oracle Applications Administration, including
Oracle Financials

5+ years experience in Oracle Database Administration, including Oracle
8 or 8i

2+ years experience in Systems Administration on Sun Solaris and HP-UX
systems

Certified Oracle DBA (OCP) preferred

Excellent *and written communication skills is required

US work authorization required, no sponsorships available.

US-DC-SENIOR ORACLE DBA

Post by www.ORAsearch.co » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 23:55:43

[...]

1. US-DC-SENIOR ORACLE DBA

JOB ID:120573

To reply to this job, please click http://www.ORAsearch.com/job.cfm?JOBID=120573
A dedicated web site for ORACLE jobs and resumes!

Company Name:Viatech Inc.

Viatech Inc.

Washington, DC,DC  USA

Viatech, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Senior Oracle DBA to join our team in Washington, DC.  Must possess a
Bachelor's degree with 5 years related experience.  Must have strong experience with Oracle database design and
maintenance.  Must be profician in production Oracle support and expert in database sizing, performance and tuning and
log maintenance and backup  and  recovery.

2. Web Developer-Pleasanton-CA

3. US-DC-SENIOR ORACLE DBA/ARCHITECT

4. TCP/IP listening problem

5. US-DC: Washington-Senior Oracle DBA

6. I am trying to decide about accepting an offer for Y2K/Date compliance Testing and Date Checking

7. sql2000 on win2k server won't install

8. DC-Wash DC Metro Area-115354--ORACLE-DBA Skills-Oracle DBA - NOVA004, ATG

9. US-GA-Atlanta-Senior Oracle DBA - ORACLE DBA DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR ATLANTA GEORGIA PRODUCTION

10. DC-DC-112345--ORACLE-Designer 2000-Senior Oracle Developer, EDGESOURCE