oracle8i for nt

Post by <Ste.. » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

hello,
is there a difference between an oracle8 and an oracle8i regarding the
mangement-tools (enterprise/storage/security-manager)?
i had installed 8i two days ago, but i was unable to find any of these
tools.
the only administration-programms i could find are the administration
assistant and the configuration assistant.
but: where can i define a oracle-user/tablespaces/sizes?
at the oracle8 i was able to configure everthing the same way like a oracle
7x
thank you

oracle8i for nt

Post by Keith Shu » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

In Oracle8i, for some reasons, it doesn't come with OEM stuff.  (I like
to call Oracle8i as Diet Oracle8)  However, you can still create user,
alter the tablespace and tune the security in svrmgrl though.

--
**********

oracle8i for nt

Post by Davi » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

Oracle 8.1 was supposed to ship with Enterprise Manager 2.0.4 in the box but
due to a shipping issue Oracle did not get them in the same box. You should
be able to order OEM 2.0.4 direct from Oracle Upgrades, it contains all the
management features you would require.

Regards
David Russell

>In Oracle8i, for some reasons, it doesn't come with OEM stuff.  (I like
>to call Oracle8i as Diet Oracle8)  However, you can still create user,
>alter the tablespace and tune the security in svrmgrl though.

>> hello,
>> is there a difference between an oracle8 and an oracle8i regarding the
>> mangement-tools (enterprise/storage/security-manager)?
>> i had installed 8i two days ago, but i was unable to find any of these
>> tools.
>> the only administration-programms i could find are the administration
>> assistant and the configuration assistant.
>> but: where can i define a oracle-user/tablespaces/sizes?
>> at the oracle8 i was able to configure everthing the same way like a
>oracle
>> 7x
>> thank you

>--
>**********

>---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

1. Installing WebDB with Oracle8i on NT Workstation

When trying to install WebDB with the Oracle Installer I get the
message:

The location specified, "D:\orant", is already used as an Oracle home
for 'Oracle 815 Production'.  It cannot be used as an Oracle home for
'nt'.

Reading the Release notes for Oracle WebDB, it says:

If the only Oracle home directory on the machine where you are
installing WebDB is an Oracle8i home, the WebDB installer will prompt
you to install to a different Oracle home. Make sure that you provide
both a new directory path and a new name for the WebDB Oracle home that
is different from the Oracle8i home.

So ok, I changed the Oracle home name and location in the installer.
When trying to install the components (in the next window) though, I get
the following error message:

WebDB does not support multiple installations, and therefore cannot be
installed on <NEW_HOME_NAME>.  It can only be installed on
'DEFAULT_HOME'.  In order to install WebDB, please run the Oracle
Installer again, and select 'DEFAULT_HOME' as the target location.

So first I'm told that I have to use a different home to the default
one, then I'm being told that I have to use the default home.

If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

FF

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Free Databases

3. Oracle8i on NT

4. we need help about memory problem

5. Importing Databases in Oracle8i for NT

6. How to interface an Oracle DB with Perl via WWW ?

7. feed large amount of records in XML format into to oracle8i on NT

8. Transaction Log Backup Job Failed

9. Requirement Oracle8i and NT

10. Defraging Oracle8i on Nt server?

11. Oracle8i on NT Wrkst: How to create a default Service?

12. looking for Oracle8i 8.1.6 JDBC driver for NT