Database link problem

Database link problem

Post by Burnet Rolan » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 00:06:40



but not the same as Pierre HIRTH's last post.
First excuse me for my bad English language
Always two data bases :
The first one on Oracle 8.0.5 SID = ORCL and hosted by
machine1.my_domain
The second one on Oracle 8.1.7 service name = trieves hosted by
machine2.my_domain


SQL> create database link orcl connect to user1 identified by pass1
  2  using 'orcl';

Lien de base de donnes cr. (Database link created)



                          *
ERREUR la ligne 1 : (Error at line 1 :)
ORA-02085: lien de base de donnes ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM se connecte
ORCL.WORLD
           (database link ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM is connecting to
ORCL.WORLD)

Whereas in the same SQLplus windows


Connect. (connected)
SQL> select * from departement where num_dpt=4;

   NUM_DPT NOM_DPT
---------- ----------------------------------------
         4 Hautes Alpes

Same problem, if the database link is created public
The DB_DOMAIN parameter is set to my_domain.
world is the value of NAME.DEFAULT_ZONE in sqlnet.ora file

Could someone tell me why the database link tries a connection to
US.ORACLE.COM when this string is not in the Oracle parameters and it is
possible to connect to orcl ? (Obviously Tnsnames.ora seems right)

Thanks in advance.

R. Burnet.

 
 
 

Database link problem

Post by Burnet Rolan » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 00:55:08


More information :
In sqlnetv2.cfg file, there is the following alias definition :

ALIAS_6=ORCL.world
ORCL.world_PROTOCOL=TCP
ORCL.world_COMMUNITY=tcp.world
ORCL.world_HOST=machine1.my_domain
ORCL.world_SID=ORCL

 
 
 

Database link problem

Post by xmark.pow.. » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 22:17:27




>but not the same as Pierre HIRTH's last post.
>First excuse me for my bad English language
>Always two data bases :
>The first one on Oracle 8.0.5 SID = ORCL and hosted by
>machine1.my_domain
>The second one on Oracle 8.1.7 service name = trieves hosted by
>machine2.my_domain


>SQL> create database link orcl connect to user1 identified by pass1
>  2  using 'orcl';

>Lien de base de donnes cr. (Database link created)



>                          *
>ERREUR la ligne 1 : (Error at line 1 :)
>ORA-02085: lien de base de donnes ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM se connecte
>ORCL.WORLD
>           (database link ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM is connecting to
>ORCL.WORLD)

>Whereas in the same SQLplus windows


>Connect. (connected)
>SQL> select * from departement where num_dpt=4;

>   NUM_DPT NOM_DPT
>---------- ----------------------------------------
>         4 Hautes Alpes

>Same problem, if the database link is created public
>The DB_DOMAIN parameter is set to my_domain.
>world is the value of NAME.DEFAULT_ZONE in sqlnet.ora file

>Could someone tell me why the database link tries a connection to
>US.ORACLE.COM when this string is not in the Oracle parameters and it is
>possible to connect to orcl ? (Obviously Tnsnames.ora seems right)

>Thanks in advance.

>R. Burnet.

I do not know the exact answer to your question, but I do know how I fixed
basically the same error in my 8.1.7 test db.  Add the domain name,
my_domain, to the Net 8 alias in the database link, orcl.my_domain, and the
tnsnames.ora entrty should also include the domain name.  This should
eliminate the error.

-- Mark D. Powell --

 -----  Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web  -----
  http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups
   NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts

 
 
 

Database link problem

Post by Burnet Rolan » Sat, 07 Apr 2001 00:26:20





> >but not the same as Pierre HIRTH's last post.
> >First excuse me for my bad English language
> >Always two data bases :
> >The first one on Oracle 8.0.5 SID = ORCL and hosted by
> >machine1.my_domain
> >The second one on Oracle 8.1.7 service name = trieves hosted by
> >machine2.my_domain


> >SQL> create database link orcl connect to user1 identified by pass1
> >  2  using 'orcl';

> >Lien de base de donnes cr. (Database link created)



> >                          *
> >ERREUR la ligne 1 : (Error at line 1 :)
> >ORA-02085: lien de base de donnes ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM se connecte
> >ORCL.WORLD
> >           (database link ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM is connecting to
> >ORCL.WORLD)

> >Whereas in the same SQLplus windows


> >Connect. (connected)
> >SQL> select * from departement where num_dpt=4;

> >   NUM_DPT NOM_DPT
> >---------- ----------------------------------------
> >         4 Hautes Alpes

> >Same problem, if the database link is created public
> >The DB_DOMAIN parameter is set to my_domain.
> >world is the value of NAME.DEFAULT_ZONE in sqlnet.ora file

> >Could someone tell me why the database link tries a connection to
> >US.ORACLE.COM when this string is not in the Oracle parameters and it is
> >possible to connect to orcl ? (Obviously Tnsnames.ora seems right)

> >Thanks in advance.

> >R. Burnet.

> I do not know the exact answer to your question, but I do know how I fixed
> basically the same error in my 8.1.7 test db.  Add the domain name,
> my_domain, to the Net 8 alias in the database link, orcl.my_domain, and the
> tnsnames.ora entrty should also include the domain name.  This should
> eliminate the error.

> -- Mark D. Powell --

>  -----  Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web  -----
>   http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups
>    NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts


Thanks for your reply, but the problem is the same.
But I have done a mistake in the password in the database link creation,
and when I send a select command this is the new error message :

*ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
ORA-02063: preceding line from machine2.my_domain

This new message seems to mean that the remote database was reached
since the logon is denied. So I don't understand why the database is not
responding when the password is correct.

 
 
 

Database link problem

Post by xmark.pow.. » Sat, 07 Apr 2001 21:56:17







>> >but not the same as Pierre HIRTH's last post.
>> >First excuse me for my bad English language
>> >Always two data bases :
>> >The first one on Oracle 8.0.5 SID = ORCL and hosted by
>> >machine1.my_domain
>> >The second one on Oracle 8.1.7 service name = trieves hosted by
>> >machine2.my_domain


>> >SQL> create database link orcl connect to user1 identified by pass1
>> >  2  using 'orcl';

>> >Lien de base de donnes cr. (Database link created)



>> >                          *
>> >ERREUR la ligne 1 : (Error at line 1 :)
>> >ORA-02085: lien de base de donnes ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM se connecte
>> >ORCL.WORLD
>> >           (database link ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM is connecting to
>> >ORCL.WORLD)

>> >Whereas in the same SQLplus windows


>> >Connect. (connected)
>> >SQL> select * from departement where num_dpt=4;

>> >   NUM_DPT NOM_DPT
>> >---------- ----------------------------------------
>> >         4 Hautes Alpes

>> >Same problem, if the database link is created public
>> >The DB_DOMAIN parameter is set to my_domain.
>> >world is the value of NAME.DEFAULT_ZONE in sqlnet.ora file

>> >Could someone tell me why the database link tries a connection to
>> >US.ORACLE.COM when this string is not in the Oracle parameters and it is
>> >possible to connect to orcl ? (Obviously Tnsnames.ora seems right)

>> >Thanks in advance.

>> >R. Burnet.

>> I do not know the exact answer to your question, but I do know how I fixed
>> basically the same error in my 8.1.7 test db.  Add the domain name,
>> my_domain, to the Net 8 alias in the database link, orcl.my_domain, and
the
>> tnsnames.ora entrty should also include the domain name.  This should
>> eliminate the error.

>> -- Mark D. Powell --

>>  -----  Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web
-----
>>   http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
groups
>>    NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts
>> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email


Quote:

>Thanks for your reply, but the problem is the same.
>But I have done a mistake in the password in the database link creation,
>and when I send a select command this is the new error message :

>*ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
>ORA-02063: preceding line from machine2.my_domain

>This new message seems to mean that the remote database was reached
>since the logon is denied. So I don't understand why the database is not
>responding when the password is correct.

I just tested a link from an 8.1.7 database to an 8.0.5.2 on the same machine
and to an 8.5.2.1 on a remote machine and they work fine.  I have also tested
a link running from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7 and it worked so maybe you should delete
all the objects involved and recreate them.  In the process perhaps you will
fix whatever is wrong.  If it still is wrong you will either need to post all
the related code for another set of eyes to spot the problem or it could be
time to talk to support.  Good luck.

-- Mark D. Powell --

 -----  Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web  -----
  http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups
   NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts

 
 
 

1. database link problem

I have created a database link successfully and then made a public synonym.
No problems at all.
However when i use %type to reference a field in the public synonim in forms
it does not compile, the same code compiles without a problem in toad.
Example
CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM tableA

using something like this works fine in TOAD not in forms :

   declare
       fld_a      tableA.fieldA%type;
   begin
   end;
...

forms tells me that tableA.fieldA must be declared, TOAD compiles ! i am
at a loss
any help would be appreciated

2. dts error

3. Database Link Problem

4. Error handling between SQL Server and VB

5. database link problem

6. deleting a previously replicated table?

7. database link problem from unix to nt (ORA-03113)

8. JDBC driver and external identification

9. database link problem, version 7.3.3

10. Database link problem based on size of data.

11. database link problem in oracle 8

12. Database link problem.