US-TX-Houston Oracle PL/SQL application developer

US-TX-Houston Oracle PL/SQL application developer

Post by Bill Priby » Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Seeking an Oracle "generalist" with good application developer skills and some
exposure to DBA topics for consulting position with small firm in Houston.

Must have:
   2-3 years PL/SQL programming, preferably server-side
   1-2 years Unix including Bourne/Korn shell programming
   Analysis and troubleshooting skills
   Excellent written and verbal English
   US citizen, permanent resident, or otherwise already
       legal to work in US

Helpful:
   Oil & gas industry experience (exploration/GIS)
   Prior consulting experience
   Java & JDBC programming experience

Salary:
   Competitive

Why would you want to work for us?  Hey, good question.  Our web page
(http://www.veryComputer.com/) isn't even very cool.

BUT we like it here and we get to learn a lot of fun stuff!  The head of the
company is co-author of one of the top-selling PL/SQL books in the world.

PLUS, Houston is the greatest undiscovered city in the country (okay we are a
*sy weensy bit biased).

1. US-TX-Houston Oracle PL/SQL application developer

Seeking an Oracle "generalist" with good application developer skills and some
exposure to DBA topics for consulting position with small firm in Houston.

Must have:
   Willingness to learn new technologies
   2-3 years PL/SQL programming, preferably server-side
   1-2 years Unix including Bourne/Korn shell programming
   Analysis and troubleshooting skills
   Excellent written and verbal English
   US citizen, permanent resident, or otherwise already
       legal to work in US

Helpful:
   Oil & gas industry (exploration/GIS) experience
   Prior consulting experience
   Object-oriented design experience
   C++ and/or Java & JDBC programming experience
   CORBA experience

Salary:
   Competitive

Why would you want to work for us?  Hey, good question.

We're a small company; we have a strong preference for being of service to our
customers rather than building a big bureaucracy.  Plus we get to do a lot of
fun stuff!  For example, the head of the company is co-author of one of the
top-selling PL/SQL books in the world.  Others here have delivered papers at
Oracle international user group meetings.  We're also in the Oracle 8.1 beta
program, so we get to play around with the latest toys (and we're in on some
not-so-widely known information).

PLUS, Houston is the greatest undiscovered city in the country (okay we are a
teensy weensy bit biased).

Our web site:  http://www.datacraft.com/

2. Deleting dBase data from VB

3. TX-HOUSTON-261318--ORACLE Forms-ORACLE Reports 2.X-PL/SQL-SQL*Plus-Oracle Application Developer

4. Database Manipulation- Without Bound Controls

5. TX-Plano, TX-268728--Java-PL/SQL-ORACLE-SQL-Application Developer

6. SQL Server Web manager

7. US-TX-DEVELOPER WITH PL/SQL AND PRO*C FOR HOUSTON

8. PostgreSQL 6.5 initial use problem !

9. TX-HOUSTON-105263--Developer 2000-ORACLE-PL/SQL-UNIX-Oracle Programmer/Analyst