Losing Access to Database Procedures from Forms

Losing Access to Database Procedures from Forms

Post by Sandy Thrashe » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

We are Running Oracle 7.3 and FORMS 4.5.  We are experiencing problems
accessing STORED PROCEDURES from the FORMS.  The errors received is
something like "PROCEDURE Not declared in this scope".  This problem seems
intermittent and can happen to 1 developer, but not his neighbor connected
to the same server.  The next moment, the neighbor could have access, but
not the first person.  A developer can get the problem and sometimes
recompile a program unit in order for it to go away.  In all cases,
developers are able to log into the database using SQL*PLUS with the same
database connection as FORMS 4.5 designer and access the stored procedures.

We can not find a consistent work around and are experiencing work loss.

I hope someone has some good advice.

Thanks,

Sandy

1. Losing Access To Database Procedures From FORMS 4.5

We are Running Oracle 7.3 and FORMS 4.5.  We are experiencing problems
accessing STORED PROCEDURES from the FORMS.  The errors received is
something like "PROCEDURE Not declared in this scope".  This problem seems
intermittent and can happen to 1 developer, but not his neighbor connected
to the same server.  The next moment, the neighbor could have access, but
not the first person.  A developer can get the problem and sometimes
recompile a program unit in order for it to go away.  In all cases,
developers are able to log into the database using SQL*PLUS with the same
database connection as FORMS 4.5 designer and access the stored procedures.

We can not find a consistent work around and are experiencing work loss.

I hope someone has some good advice.

Thanks,

Sandy

2. How to Constrain smallint Positive Number only?

3. Access 2000 client forms lose pointer

4. ORA-03113 when passing VARRAY into OCI external procedure.

5. Recordset lost form to form

6. ORDER BY CASE @SortBy

7. lost of grant on database procedures

8. OLAP Access from outside domain

9. Using GUI such as Access forms to access database created in SQL Server

10. Accessing a secure database form an ACCESS Instance

11. Jet engine loses 10 records when first opening an Access 97 database

12. Help, I have lost my datacontol to load and access databases in vb3

13. Cannot access a database - TNS 12547 lost contact